We at Resolute are a diverse group of individuals who possess a wide variety of skills. Here, we believe that giving you the ability to maximize your potential without constraint is key to our shared success.
Our Thunder Bay location in Ontario, Canada is currently seeking talent to fill the position of Sr. Regional PLC and Optimization Specialist, Northwest Ontario Sawmills. This job is permanent, full-time.
Sr. Regional PLC and Optimization Specialist, Northwest Ontario Sawmills
Resolute Forest Products is seeking candidates for the position of Sr. Regional PLC and Optimization Specialist for our Atikokan, Ignace & Thunder Bay wood products operations located in Northwest Ontario. In this role, you will join a team of staff, operators and maintenance specialists with the operation of these facilities.
The Sr. Regional PLC and Optimization Specialist reports to the PLC & Optimization Superintendent, Northwestern Ontario Sawmills, and is directly responsible to ensure the plant’s mechanical and process control optimization systems are in place and adequately maintained to ensure a consistent product is manufactured that meets and exceeds our quality standards. You mill maximize product value and resource utilization through effective use of technology.
- Ensure application of highest Safety standards for sawmill and planer operations
- Develop, recommend, implement and evaluate performance improvements through quality assurance and quality control procedures and standards to ensure accurate and relevant information on log processing and lumber manufacturing quality, size, species, and sawmill conversion factors.
- Visit the job site and analyze job in the field
- Work with supervisors of maintenance (mechanical and electrical) to ensure optimal performance and efficiency of maintenance activities (mechanical & electrical).
- Supervise and ensure compliance with work specifications, regulatory and quality standards
- Facilitate technology transfer and support mills with troubleshooting and achieving optimum processes, performance and higher product quality
- Identify and develop solutions to correct inspection function deficiencies.
- Inspect and audit processes, equipment manufacturing processes, material and product quality
- Perform studies to ensure the overall reliability and capacity of the mills through product quality standards, equipment specific specifications and requirements compliance
- Perform all administrative tasks (reports: production, maintenance, timesheets, health and safety, performance, training, transfer of personnel, environment, etc.)
- Willingness to travel 90% (Atikokan & Ignace site operations)
- Reporting to the PLC Optimization Superintendent, Northwestern Ontario Sawmills, you will be part of a results-oriented team whose members are encouraged to exceed expectations.
- Electrical Engineering Technologist, Trades certification or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in related industrial environment
Your assets and skills:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, to communicate with all levels of the organization and to adapt quickly to change
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Advanced computer skills i.e. Autocad, MS Word and Excel
- Formal PLC training with a strong electrical and mechanical aptitude.
- A self-motivated individual who will work towards Safety & Reliability Excellence
- Good working knowledge of sawmill and planer mill equipment
- NLGA valid grading license an asset
Wood Product Northwest Ontario Operations:
- Our new Atikokan Sawmill is located at Sapawe, ON (which is located 30km east of Atikokan). The community of Atikokan is located 2 hours west of Thunder Bay, ON and 2 hours east of Fort Frances, ON / International Falls, US (for more information about the region, please visit http://atikokaninfo.com/ or http://www.atikokanchamber.com/)
- Our Ignace Sawmill is located at the township of Ignace, ON. The community of Ignace is located 250km Nothwest of Thunder Bay, ON and 106km east of Dryden, ON (for more information about the region, please visit http://town.ignace.on.ca/)
- Our Thunder Bay Sawmill is located at 156 Darrel Avenue, Thunder Bay, ON. The community of Thunder Bay is located in Northwest Ontario. For more information about the region, please visit http://www.thunderbay.ca/)
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today!
In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our company..
Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Forest products are essential, as are each and every one of our employees and contractors. We take the necessary steps to protect the health and well-being of our employees and to safeguard the integrity of all Resolute facilities.
We are all in this together. We are one community. We are #RESOLUTEPROUD
Be part of the change. Be part of a dynamic team.
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering an energetic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills. We are more than 8,000 employees in Canada, the United States and various other international locations.
We are looking for employees with the experience and expertise to improve our efficiency, increase our long-term profitability and deliver first-class products and services to our customers. And you, what are you looking for?
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure our viability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
How are we building the Resolute of the future?
Find out in our Annual Report, available at resolutefp.com/publications.
Join the conversation!
Visit The Resolute Blog at blog.resolutefp.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.