The Grocery Manager is responsible for coordinating, supervising and directing the operations of the grocery department. The Grocery Manager ensures that the department under his/her management remains profitable, with high quality products and service levels. He or she implements marketing ideas to promote business; reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality and customer service consistently high. The manager provides and maintains a safe and healthy environment for all employees and customers of Organic Garage.
- Provide superior customer service and deal with customers complaints or concerns
- Lead, coach, train, and motivate colleagues to improve productivity, engagement and retention
- Plan, order, and process grocery products according to work plan and standards to maximize sales and gross profit.
- Be committed to maintaining merchandising and operational standards
- Ensure all new department associates receive proper training and supervision and will ensure correct ordering, receiving, unloading, storage, and rotation of merchandise and building of displays
- Ensure produce is presented to achieve maximum sales/ profits and follow correct stock rotation
- Be accountable for departmental financial objectives
- Receiving all incoming products and inspect the items for freshness and quality and reconcile products received with packing slips, purchase orders, invoices, claim forms, etc.
- Perform opening and closing procedures for the store
- Perform office, order and inventory management functions
- Schedule staff and verify attendance and payroll records
- Maintain a neat, well groomed personal appearance at all times and observe company dress code
- Comply fully with all health and safety procedures
- Minimize out-of-stock and overstock to ensure fresh merchandise
- Oversee the readiness of the department, the quality of the product for sale, the appearance of the counters, the appearance of staff and the cleanliness of retail areas at all times
- Determine Grocery Department areas for improvement and institute changes to address concerns
- Assists in managing the Department staff including hiring, training, scheduling, coaching
- Other duties as assigned
EFFORT AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Physical Demands - Standing, walking, reaching, bending, twisting, ability to carry/lift 50 lbs
- Repetitive Action- Unload Grocery deliveries, stock, rotate and block merchandise in all Grocery cases, keep department organized and clean, operate and clean equipment and tools.
- Working Conditions - Inside, Cold, freezing and dry.
- Flexibility: Grocery Department Manager might be asked to work nights, weekends and extended hours.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Thorough understanding of Health and Safety legislation, policies and practices
- Must be able to lead support and contribute to team goals.
- Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems arise.
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing; Excellent listening skills
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Professional demeanor under stressful situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong knowledge of retail sales principles, methods, practices and techniques
- Self motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Must be good with Microsoft Office.
Organic Garage is committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the AODA. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants are asked to please make their needs/requirements known.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $48,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
- Grocery: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person