At J. D. Irving, Limited, you are a part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity, are passionate about achieving results, and committed to the service of sound environmental management. We are focused on continuous improvement and use leading edge technology to grow our businesses and provide increasing career opportunities.
Founded in 1882, J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) has operations in Eastern Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador), and the United States. We are a team of over 19,000 dedicated employees.
A leader in the Maritime Forest Products Industry, the Doaktown Sawmill is currently seeking a motivated individual to fill the position of Maintenance Supervisor.
J. D. Irving is a family-owned company that is focused on safety, sustainability, and teamwork. We are offering the opportunity to lead a team working on the maintenance of a brand-new sawmill with state-of-the-art technology. We are proud to be able to provide current and future opportunities to join a small community and grow your career in Atlantic Canada.
We offer a competitive compensation package including:
- Comprehensive health and wellness programs
- Continuing education opportunities
As the Maintenance Supervisor your primary responsibility is to the people you support ensuring that they grow as industrial mechanics, welders, and electricians, do quality work towards the maintenance and efficiency of the site, and are always approaching every task with a safety-first mindset. The ideal candidate for this position will understand that though this position will operate primarily on a regular 5-day workweek, there may be times when weekend and evening work is required.
Some key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Committing to and always promoting the use of safe practices
- Leading industrial mechanics, welders, and electricians in a production/manufacturing setting
- Coaching the maintenance team to achieve performance metrics
- Training and developing apprentice(s)
- Suggesting and leading potential and active projects
- Controlling cost, labour, and time on projects
- Participating in the development and improvement of maintenance best practices and mill operating practices
- Assisting with parts and inventory control
- Preparing and submitting daily and weekly reports and payroll
The ideal candidate for this role will have mechanical knowledge of production and manufacturing equipment, experience prioritizing competing demands, and strong leadership skills. This position will be filled by a person who has a self-starter mentality, a drive to persevere through complex problems, and the desire to lead with a hands-on technique.
Education, certifications, and experience required:
- Engineering degree, trade certification, or associate degree in a related technical or mechanical field
- Valid driver’s license and clean drivers abstract
- 2-3 years of successful supervisory experience
Education, certifications, and experience considered an asset:
- Lean Six Sigma certifications
- Microsoft Office experience
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
J.D. Irving, Limited, Sawmill Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.