VinFast is Vietnam’s leading manufacturer of premium automobiles and has achieved its initial goal of being #1 in all competing segments of domestic car retail in less than 2 years. Now, in 2023 we embark on our next mission - global expansion with the launch of our all-Electric smart SUV model line-up starting in Canada, USA and Europe. VinFast is one of the largest auto manufacturers in South East Asia with world-class equipment and infrastructure, with a capacity of up to 500,000 cars per year. We have partnered with global leading automotive suppliers in manufacturing and engineering and enlisted the world-renowned Italian design house Pininfarina to design both the exterior and interiors of our entire model line. VinFast is proud to produce vehicles with superior craftsmanship, the highest safety standards, and intelligent infotainment that compete with leading Asian, European and American OEMs. VinFast also supports its owners with an exceptional, seamless customer experience in both sales and aftersales.
VinFast Auto Canada Inc. an OEM distribution company with a Direct-to-Consumer business model, has an ambitious growth strategy planning rapid retail and aftersales facility expansion in Canada over the next 12 months. Our management team is now looking for talented individuals from the automotive, retail consumer products, and technology industries to assist in this endeavor. Our top applicants will possess an entrepreneurial mindset, be a creative problem solver, have an incredible work ethic and thrive in a start-up environment.
VinFast and VinFast Auto Canada Inc. are subsidiaries of Vingroup, one of the largest private conglomerates in Asia with a market capitalization of C$20 billion. As a multi-sector corporation, Vingroup focuses on three main areas: Technology, Industrials, and Real Estate.
SCOPE OF THE JOB
We are looking for high-caliber Mobile Service Technicians to deliver an exceptional, industry leading, mobile service experience. Reporting to the Service Manager, your expertise will be relied upon to perform a wide range of automotive service and mechanical repairs via our Mobile Service fleet at a location of the customer’s choosing. The salary range for this position is $100,000 - $110,000. Tools are provided.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Review scheduled work, understand cause and corrective action, and confirm parts availability
- Ensure vehicle is stocked with parts and tooling to perform repairs, return any parts or tooling as required
- Follow route plan routes, meeting the committed arrival times
- Provide an excellent mobile service experience, meet and exceed customer service KPI’s
- Educate the customers on technical information and general usage of the vehicle
- Perform repairs relating, but not limited to, replacing interior components, general maintenance, charging issues, trouble code analysis, recalls/service bulletins, fluid replenishments, door handle maintenance and adjustments, wheel and tire, basic diagnostics, and body adjustments. New operations will be added as required
- Fill out service repair orders and confirm electronic payment receipt from customer
- Liaise with Service Centre staff when follow-up with customer is required due to unexpected or unforeseen changes, such as add-on repairs
- Adhere to all safety instructions and follow all VinFast specified repair guidelines
- Maintain consistent understanding and compliance with VinFast policies and procedures
- Follow all municipal and provincial guidelines and regulations
- Operate and maintain a variety of hand, power, and shop tools, equipment, and mobile service vehicles
- Ensure the mobile service vehicle is clean, tidy, and operational
- Maintain records of time, expenses, and materials
- Support Service Centre locations when required and assist with offsite or event support when necessary
- Work collaboratively with your Service Centre teams to achieve performance KPIs
- Ensure continual education and learning is up-to-date and take part in training opportunities where required
- Provide feedback on service procedures and in the field repairs to improve quality of service and repairs
- Other related duties as required
WHAT YOU BRING
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as an Automotive Technician, previous experience with an electric automobile brand preferred
- Valid 310S License (or equivalent)
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract/record
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with customers directly in English [and French in Quebec]
- Ability to engage with customers on a technical level
- Passion for Electric Vehicles with the ability to serve as a brand ambassador and deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Ability to work independently as part of a bigger team and motivated to work in a high paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work remotely
- Occasional overnight travel outside of the servicing area may be required, with reasonable notice
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic vehicle components, past Electric Vehicle experience an asset
- Familiarity with EV architecture and systems using diagnostic tools and troubleshooting
- Flexibility to work retail business hours, including Saturdays
CHARACTERISTICS & TRAITS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills, ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage shifting responsibilities
- Positive mindset, can-do attitude, strong work ethic, results driven
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
WHAT WE OFFER
- A modern, professional environment where you’ll work with and learn from highly specialized and dedicated experts from all over the world.
- Competitive and equitable salaries that recognize your experience and expertise.
- Generous group insurance benefit package to employees and their eligible dependents.
- Wellness Spending Account to promote an active lifestyle and a healthier workforce.
- A flexible working culture enabling our employees to adjust their work hours and schedules, whenever possible, that accommodates and respects your personal commitments, balanced with business needs.
- An RRSP contribution program to support our employees in planning and managing their financial well-being into the future.
Join us on our adventure to reach new horizons with endless excitement: Because when everything feels possible, changing mobility for all becomes achievable!
At VinFast Canada, we are committed to creating and preserving an accessible, welcoming, supportive, fair, and inclusive environment. Accommodations are available to support prospective employees during the recruitment and hiring process. Should you require any accommodations, please advise us in advance so that we can work with you to find suitable accommodation.