COMPANY: DEPARTMENT: JOB TYPE:
Nicola Clean Power; NCP Management; Inventory & Admin Assistant
Nicola Clean Power is a 40 MW power generation plant. The plant burns hog fuel in a boiler to produce steam to power a steam turbine. As such, the plant has a mix of heavy mobile equipment, fuel conveyors, high pressure steam, the turbine, and high voltage equipment.
Our company is looking to fill the role of Inventory and Admin Assistant. Please review the list of responsibilities and qualifications. While this is our ideal list, we will consider candidates that do not necessarily have all of the qualifications, but have sufficient experience and talent.
Responsibilities for Inventory & Admin Assistant
The Inventory and Admin Assistant is responsible for assisting with the management of the plant inventory system and the office building facilities.
- Learn the computerized inventory system;
- Keep an accurate record of plant inventory movements;
- Create new barcodes for new inventory items;
- Arrange shipping logistics for parts sent out for service/repair;
- Organize steel salvage;
- Pick up supplies and parts from town and surrounding areas;
- Operate forklift and telehandler operation to offload material deliveries (training will be provided).
- Maintain office and safety supplies;
- Pick up mail and packages;
- Liaise with admin support contractors (cleaner, uniforms, waste management, kitchen supplies, etc);
- Organize office recycling;
- Organize team building events.
- May be asked to participate in health and safety committee initiatives;
- May be asked to perform confined space watch duties;
- Perform other related duties as requested by management.
Qualification / requirements for Inventory & Admin Assistant
- Valid drivers license
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent education
- Office Administration Certificate an asset
- Level 2 First Aid is an asset
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Merritt, BC V1K 0A3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person