Are you a strategic thinker wanting to make an impact using your Salesforce administration and application integration expertise? Do you have a knack for aligning business processes with Salesforce best practices? Do you want to use your talents to help an entrepreneurial non-profit solve complex social and economic challenges? If you’ve answered yes, we’d love to talk to you!
OTEC is Ontario’s Tourism Workforce Development Organization. We’re a not-for-profit committed to the growth of a professional and skilled tourism workforce in communities and organizations throughout the province.
We offer our clients and partners strategic guidance, resources and support with program and project implementation. Our award-winning alliance, Tourism SkillsNet Ontario, illustrates our leadership in this space by offering a single framework that aligns industry, education, employment and training stakeholders to enable them to develop recruitment and training models aligned with the skills needed by businesses.
Our array of research, technology, communication solutions and reputable training products such as Service Excellence, leadership training, certifications and education products are a source of pride for our organization. At OTEC, we value collaboration, working closely with destinations, businesses, secondary and post-secondary schools, and are driven by the social impact we make though our network of partners and clients.
OTEC is seeking a Salesforce Technical and Integration Lead who is experienced in Salesforce Administration and with a background in Application Development or Application Integration. As part of the Technology team, you will support the efforts of the Business Development team to reshape the way that OTEC connects with partners, providers and the communities that we support.
OTEC is seeking a candidate who is self-motivated with a proven track record in BA roles and Salesforce technologies and is comfortable in a dynamic, innovative atmosphere with a rapidly expanding customer base. Some of the responsibilities of the role include:
- Translate OTEC business requirements to technical specification and align business processes with Salesforce best practices. Manage initiatives through gathering requirements, design, configuration, development, testing, and deployment phases.
- Administration of the Salesforce platform, including data consistency and integrity, software updates, and maintenance.
- Support end user acceptance and engagement with Salesforce by preparing and delivering training and maintaining technical solution documentation.
- Develop effective UAT and QA strategies to deliver the desired, error free product.
- Review Salesforce Release Notes and Preview Sandboxes to highlight risks and opportunities.
- Troubleshoot bug, error and implementation issues and demonstrate the ability to drive to successful resolution.
- Creation and customization of reports, and dashboards, performing data updates and making declarative changes in Salesforce for the teams.
- Lead integration projects for various digital assets, leverage existing APIs with some development (platform and tool dependant) to exchange critical information between platforms.
- Work closely with vendors, partners and clients to develop collaborative solutions to meet business objectives.
- Identify business processes that can be automated and ensure all deliverables are technically correct and meet industry, PaaS, and project standards.
- Create and maintain architecture documentation for all application integrations.
- Assist with the testing phase of software and applications under development in order to identify and remedy potential problem areas.
- Interact with technical team members such as Data Engineers, Web Developers, and Network Engineers to ensure technical requirements are addressed. Be the primary point of contact for cloud application integrations, procurement and project implementation.
- Undergraduate Degree or 3-year Community College Diploma in Computer Science or other Information Technology Field, or a combination work experience and education in a relevant field.
- Salesforce Administrator Certification (required)
- Other Salesforce certifications an asset (Platform Developer, App Builder, Salesforce Business Analyst, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum 5 years of experience coordinating and implementing technical changes across infrastructure and test teams to successfully deliver changes to development, test, and production environments.
- Minimum 3 years of prior Salesforce Administration experience.
- Knowledge of IT administration principles – able to execute (and automate) tasks to ensure the smooth operation of the platforms.
- Knowledge in all aspects of Salesforce user and license management including new user setup, roles, profiles, permissions, Organization Wide Defaults and Sites.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development, staying abreast of technological developments, with a desire to take on new challenges.
- Strong multitasking abilities and prioritization skills.
- Communication skills to describe technical concepts effectively to both novice and sophisticated users.
- Practical experience of supporting software development and production environments.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration tools, source control and automation
- Understanding of the Agile SDLC and how DevOps play a role in it
- Readiness and confidence in installing, configuring, upgrading business applications/systems in co-ordination with appropriate stakeholders.
OTEC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment that embraces and welcomes individuals' uniqueness by valuing and respecting their talents, skills, and abilities to the benefit of the collective whole. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, place of origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, and any other protected ground under The Ontario Human Rights Code. At OTEC, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $90,000.00-$95,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Please include a cover letter highlighting how your experience matches the requirements of this role.
- Salesforce Administration: 3 years (preferred)
- Coordinating and Implementing Infrastructure Changes: 5 years (preferred)
- Salesforce Administrator Certification (required)
- Salesforce Platform Developer (preferred)
- Salesforce App Builder (preferred)
- Salesforce Business Analyst (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON
Application deadline: 2023-03-12