Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story to share. Here's a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you...
Operates a gas or electric forklift in and between departments, buildings, and grounds. Collects and delivers a wide variety of materials, adhering to good safety practices in carrying out duties. Delivers materials to work areas as directed, stacks materials in storage areas and loads shipments in trailers.
- Sun-Thu (2pm-10pm)
- Sun, Mon, Thu (4pm-2am), Fri (3pm-1am)
- Sun-Thu (10pm-6am)
What We Offer:
- $23.34/hour starting wage plus applicable shift premiums
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, and EFAP Benefits after 30 days of employment
- FULL flex benefits program
- Advancement opportunities
- 125 year, family owned and operated company history
- Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or materials or hooks tow trucks to trailer hitch, and transports load to designated area.
- Moves levers and presses pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus.
- Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device. Load or unload materials onto or off pallets, skids or lifting device.
- Inventory materials on work floor, and supply workers with materials as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Employees in all warehouse positions must be able to immediately perceive auditory warning signals such as bells, alarms, and horns that are used to warn employees of the start-up, movement, or approach of equipment (including forklifts, turrets, overhead cranes, conveyors, trucks, and other equipment operated inside or outside the warehouse), mechanical abnormalities, and similar risk situations during warehouse operations.
- Solves routine problems of limited scope and complexity following established policies and procedures
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for the next stage will be contacted. Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to any enumerated or analogous grounds of discrimination, including race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status, sexual orientation or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to [email protected] and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.34 per hour
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person