If you love animals and travel, are highly organized and are well-versed in the etiquette of excellent customer service, Worldwide Animal Travel has a career for you!
Worldwide Animal Travel is the leading Canadian, full-service pet relocation company with offices in Vancouver and Toronto. We’ve been providing pets with the true VIP travel experience for almost 25 years and it shows! This is a fast-paced environment that revolves around the safety of family pets.
We are looking for a full-time Pet Travel Coordinator for our Vancouver office.
Reporting to our Vancouver Operations Manager, the Pet Travel Coordinator will be in charge of building and maintaining relationships with both our customers, their furry friends and the airlines/customs. You will be the trusted point of contact and the face of Worldwide Animal Travel.
You will be responsible for the full cycle of a passenger (pet) reservation and travel opportunity, from the initial incoming customer quote to the final drop-off of the pet at airport Customs or delivery to the customers’ home. What makes the role unique is that you will work with transportation industry experts, and caring pet parents as you orchestrate reservations, organize Custom documents, destination vaccinations and requirements and ensure the safe relocation of well-loved pets to their family homes.
- Manage, prioritize and answer questions from customers at every stage of the reservation cycle
- Manage incoming requests for bookings/reservations and prepare all of the paperwork required for pet relocation
- Maintain constant communication with the customer from initial booking until the end of the trip
- Act as a pet travel expert while presenting our value proposition to prospective customers
- Maintain a self-starter attitude while executing outreach strategies for new lead generation
- Anticipate needs by being familiar with the Customs requirements for cities and countries around the world
What you need to succeed:
If you’re still reading that means you’re excited! To set you up for success from the start, you’ll need to have a:
- Min. of 2 years customer service experience
- Proven communication skills both written and verbal
- Proactive person who takes initiative
- Excellent computer skills
- Self-motivated and work with limited supervision
- Post-secondary education and/or training in customer service, communications or equivalent
Successful candidates will have the following skills:
- Proven ability to work well under pressure
- Superior attention to detail
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Takes Initiative and is reliable
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Flexible and able to adapt
- Works well as an active team player
- Uses sound judgement and is able to troubleshoot issues
- Extremely well organized
Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.
Interested candidates should submit the following: resume, cover letter, and earliest availability to [email protected]
Those selected for interviews will be contacted.