Stó:lō Service Agency (SSA) requires the services of a qualified Heritage Stewardship and Archaeology Unit Operations
Assistant to fill a vacancy within the Stó:lō Research and Resource Management Centre (SRRMC) Department.
The Heritage Stewardship and Archaeology Unit Operations Assistant within the SRRMC will assist all day-to-day operations.
The position’s Key Result Areas (KRAs) are the following operations support, including:
- Monitor safety email
- Manage maintenance of safety equipment & vehicles
- Oversee Unit’s Occupational Health & Safety Program
- Invoicing and permit applications
- Scheduling field work and tracking employee hours
- Maintenance & development of MS Access databases
- Preparing summary reports
- Maintain Unit’s administration-related files and information
- Performance of other tasks as assigned & as so directed by the Unit Manager
This position will report to the SRRMC Heritage Stewardship and Archaeology Manager. The successful candidate will work out of the Central (Chilliwack) Office.
- Post-Secondary education with courses in office administration/ management and related courses.
- Actual experience (minimum of 3 years) in any or all tasks cited in the specific duties and responsibilities.
- Necessary computer skills (MS EXCEL/ MS OFFICE/ MS ACCESS) supplemented by an aptitude for detailed work, ability to follow instructions, and possession of basic analytical skills.
- Must be highly organized, flexible, and adaptable in a fast-paced office environment.
- Must be able to keep a good recording system.
- Must have the ability to work independently and with minimum supervision and within a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proven ability to establish rapport with people of all educational and occupational backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain a healthy working relationship with staff, community representatives/members and representatives of other organizations. Including collaboration with other SSA programs and staff as required.
- Maintain confidentiality guidelines of all records, materials and communications concerning clients, staff and SSA.
Successful candidates will be required to provide the following if screened in for an interview:
- Proof of education documentation.
- References: The names, phone numbers, and email addresses of three references (e.g., recent supervisors/managers).
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 BC Drivers’ License.
- Must successfully pass the required pre-employment Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General Check.
- Must be fully vaccinated for Coronavirus/Covid-19 with a Federally approved vaccine.
SALARY RANGE: $20 - $25 per hour, commensurate with qualifications/experience.
TYPE OF POSITION: Full-time with benefits, subject to 3-month probationary period.
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: 4:00 PM, Friday October 27, 2023
Candidates will be screened according to the qualifications/requirements . Interested candidates are required to submit a resume and covering letter. Please include position title on subject line. Send to:
Stó:lō Service Agency Personnel Department
Bldg. #8A – 7201 Vedder Road
Chilliwack, BC V2R 4G5
Email: [email protected]
For more information about this and other employment opportunities, visit www.stolonation.bc.ca
We regret that we will only respond to those applicants chosen for an interview. We thank all applicants for their interest.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
- British Columbia: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Front desk: 1 year (preferred)
- Administrative experience: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-27