Chelsea Avondale is the world's most cutting edge home insurance group. We have developed the most sophisticated risk modelling and platform technologies for home insurance and deploy that technology through our own insurance company.
Our team consists of some of the brightest minds in scientific risk modelling, systems engineering, and insurance. Our operations include our scientific research & engineering division (Skynet Software) and Canadian property & casualty insurance company (Max Insurance).
Together, our group is working to transform the Canadian and global insurance landscape.
This role will be joining the cornerstone of our organization - our engineering division, Skynet Software.
What you'll do in this role:
- Full-stack engineering supporting enterprise systems – this will represent the global interface for the core systems of insurance companies, representing approximately 20,000 daily active users.
- Create websites, landing pages, and web applications that are responsive, performant, and accessible that engage audiences through the use of animation and complex interactions.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise in both frontend and backend technologies
- We like to move quickly and expect engineers to have a large impact on the road-map, product and technology. You will own the entirety of your features; including component design, implementation, testing, and roll-out.
Must have experience and skills for this role:
- Proficiency in Python and its related frameworks, such as Django and Flask
- Hands-on knowledge on network and async AJAX request to micro-services RESTful APIs with JSON
- Have a strong desire to be hands-on in designing and writing concise code that is expertly documented
- We need someone with good design taste – you are passionate about design thinking and innovation and can show us an outstanding portfolio of interactive systems design
- You understand UI web development; ability to understand user requirements vs. development capabilities. Take ownership of assignments and see them through to completion
OUR CULTURE & VALUES:
At Chelsea Avondale, our high performance, fast paced culture is critical to who we are and what we want to achieve. We're looking for people who are passionate about their work and are excited to help us build a world class insurance company.
Our culture is underpinned by our core values of integrity, fairness, good faith and empathy. At Chelsea Avondale, all team members are treated equally and encouraged to have a voice. We encourage an environment where leaders seek out new perspectives, regardless of employees' roles or responsibilities. No one person has all the answers, and we understand that people work better together.
Chelsea Avondale welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.