We are professional and agile.
Our work environment includes:
- Modern office setting
- Food provided
AXIBO INC, is pioneering the future of cinematic experiences through next-gen robotic systems. We are developing the world's first robotic arm explicitly designed for the cinema industry, integrating innovative technologies like harmonic gearing and BLDC motors. We seek an exceptional Robotics Engineer to join our Cinema Robotic Arm Development team. You will play an instrumental role in the design, testing, and integration of this groundbreaking robotic system.
The ideal candidate will have a robust background in robotic system integration with an understanding of the interplay between software and hardware. This role offers an opportunity to work on various elements of our robotic arm, including but not limited to control systems, actuators, and mechanical structures. A solid understanding of low voltage and mechanical systems, including motors and control systems, is crucial for success in this position.
Adaptability, quick learning, and robust problem-solving skills are essential as project requirements evolve. This role offers a high level of collaboration with cross-functional teams, including design engineers, software developers, and control system experts.
Utilize specialized software to commission and operate our robotic and electro-mechanical systems, ensuring effective control and troubleshooting.
What You'll Do
- Develop and maintain test suites for the robotic arm, facilitating data collection and analysis, including actuators, motor controllers, and sensors.
- Create customized testing protocols to enhance the efficiency, modularity, and repeatability of system validation processes.
- Identify root causes of system issues and work proactively with cross-functional teams to drive resolution.
- Conduct data analysis and provide actionable recommendations to improve product design and performance.
- Research and identify cutting-edge technologies and methodologies relevant to our project’s needs.
- Document procedures and results meticulously to ensure traceability and facilitate knowledge sharing among team members
What You'll Bring
- Proficiency in Python and C/C++, with hands-on experience in robotic frameworks and libraries.
- Strong understanding of robotic systems, including hardware, software, and firmware components.
- Exposure to embedded firmware and hardware development.
- Solid understanding of software testing principles, methodologies, and best practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of motor controller operations and interfaces, including CAN and Ethernet-based communications.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with a focus on efficient and effective solutions.
- Aptitude for quick learning and adaptability in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with various sensor types and their integration into robotic systems.
- A proactive approach and positive mindset, particularly in challenging situations.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability, with a willingness to adapt as needed.
- Excellent team collaboration skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $101,000.00-$150,271.83 per year
- Employee stock purchase plan
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cambridge, ON N1R 5C4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- When did you graduate last?
- Are you willing to work in an agressive fast pased environment, often calling for long hours?
- From what university did you graduate from?
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
Work Location: In person