Server / Dietary Aide
Part-time positions available. Must be available evenings and weekends.
We are assembling a dynamic team of passionate and enthusiastic individuals at both our locations, if you have interest in this role at our:
- Barrhaven Location (121 Marketplace Ave) please call us at 1-613-823-4666
- Bank & Hunt Club Location (2431 Bank Street) please call us at 1-613-737-0811
At Waterford Senior Living, we are committed to providing a homelike environment, where the residents and their families can enjoy the maximum level of independence, while achieving the highest quality of life, with the safety, dignity, and respect they deserve.
Here’s what we can offer:
- Employer covered benefit opportunities for Full Time and Part Time Employees
- Competitive Wages
- Flexible working hours that keep in mind your personal life and family.
- Opportunity to grow within a family-oriented community
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complies with all provincial/Retirement Home regulations and established Food Services department policies and procedures.
- Assists in maintaining the Food Services department in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Responsible for the preparation and service of beverages, meals and dessert items, nourishment items and catering as assigned.
- Responsible for following Residents’ diets and food preferences, using proper portion sizes, allergies, and restrictions.
- Assists in monitoring quality of food and supplies received and advises DSC of problems.
- Follows proper food handling techniques and infection control practices within the dining room.
- Bus, clear and sanitize tables, chairs and any touch point surfaces
- Reset tables for next service following the Waterford Standards.
- Smart Serve Certification is a requirement
- Experience serving and/or working in a retirement home an asset
We are a luxury retirement residence that provides 5 start customer service every day to our residents. Whether you are just starting your career or have years of experience, we want you to know…. The Waterford is different. Our employees join The Waterford for the family ownership, culture, and the opportunity to build long-lasting relationships with residents, families, and fellow team members.
If you are interested in joining our dedicated team in a family-like environment, we would love to hear from you.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Salary: $17.45-$18.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ottawa, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- dietary aide: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person