JEA is seeking an experienced System Administrator to contribute to user productivity by providing timely desktop / endpoint devices and application support for employees and contractors.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Provides helpdesk services:
- Responds to inquiries for technical support.
- Creates and maintains helpdesk records/ticket systems.
- Provides technical support to resolve user’s issues.
- Escalates unresolved issues to appropriate contact (e.g. database/system administrator, vendors or other contact) for resolution.
- Provides information and guidance to users.
- Prepares or contributes to the preparation of information/training for users.
- Creates regular and ad-hoc queries and reports.
- Maintains Anti-virus deployment.
- Maintains Desktop patch management.
- Maintains backup tapes rotation and off-site storage.
- Analyses project-related helpdesk requirements and collaborates with project managers to resolve issues.
- Alerts the Manager, IT Services regarding issues of concern.
- From time-to-time, fulfills the role of Helpdesk Administrator Lead: plans activities, delegates tasks, monitors progress, provides assistance when necessary, and ensures results are accomplished within timelines.
- Maintains IT documentation pertaining to helpdesk.
- Contributes to the productivity and success of the IT services team:
- Collaborates on the management of workloads, and the accomplishment of team objectives.
- Contributes to the improvement of work processes and operational efficiencies.
- Provides coaching, mentoring, training and/or guidance to enhance the skills of other team members.
- Monitors own workload, provides regular progress reports and strives to increase productivity.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of JEA standards and complies with established standards and practices.
- Ensures service delivery meets Service Level Agreements established with internal and external clients.
- Contributes to the enhancement of the positive corporate culture within the company, and the reputation of the company within the community, sector, and industry.
- Performs other related duties, within the context of the role.
Skills and abilities
- Windows 7 and Windows 10 installation, configuration and deployment
- Symantec Endpoint Protection anti-virus deployment and update
- Citrix Xendesktop device provisioning
- Symantec Backup Exec administration
- Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) administration
- Seapine TestTrack Pro Issue and Defect Management application
- SysAid IT Service Management software
- Citrix GoToMeeting, Citrix GoToAssist
- Microsoft Office deployment
- Desktop/Laptop hardware repair
- Oral and written communication skills; presentation skills; technical writing skills; and attention to detail when communicating.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to provide accurate, timely, consistent and helpful user support services that are compatible with JEA Helpdesk policies and procedures, and JEA IT infrastructure, systems and operations.
- Degree or diploma in an IT discipline, preferred.
- Foundation level Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), or equivalent, preferred.
- One or more of the following professional certifications, or equivalent, required:
- CompTIA A+;
- HDI Desktop Support Technician;
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA);
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MSTS).
- Must have 2 years of experience, working in a helpdesk administration and support role in an IT environment with Windows AD, Windows Desktop, MS Exchange, MS Share Point, MS Office, Citrix Xendesktop and VMware vSphere.
- Business English
- IT system administration, technologies, security, desktop support tools and management principles.
- Basic understanding of the interrelationships between information system infrastructure, operations, performance, and user experiences.
- Windows Desktop operating system
- Anti-virus deployment
- Desktop patch management
- VMware virtualization
- Ticketing system
- Citrix VDI
- Technical knowledge on desktop hardware
- Remote support tools
- Industry/JEA software development life cycle, technologies, and tools.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance as a condition of employment; this includes having lived in Canada for at least the past five years
- Must be willing to work outside normal work schedule to achieve deadlines
JEA has offices in Victoria, BC, and Winnipeg, MB, as well as remote workers across Canada. We encourage qualified applicants from all of Canada to apply.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00-$95,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- For the purposes of obtaining a security clearance, have you lived in Canada for the last five years?
- What are your salary expectations for this position?
- Linux in an enterprise environment: 2 years (required)
- Oracle WebLogic: 2 years (preferred)
- Oracle Database: 2 years (preferred)
- Ansible: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: Remote