MANITOBA MÉTIS FEDERATION
HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATOR
October 3, 2023
The Manitoba Métis Federation (MMF) is the National Government of the Red River Métis - also known as the Manitoba Métis. The Red River Métis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Human Resources Administrator position within our Human Resources Department located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB. Reporting to and working closely with the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Administrator is responsible to provide support to the Human Resources Department including maintaining personnel records, managing HR documents (e.g., employment records and onboarding guides) and updating internal documents and databases, along with general administrative duties.
- Create regular reports and presentations on HR metrics;
- Liaise with external partners and ensure legal compliance;
- Answer employee queries about HR-related issues;
- Assist payroll department by providing relevant employee information;
- Participate in HR projects such as job fairs and compensation reviews;
- Participate in developing organizational guidelines and procedures;
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems;
- Arrange travel accommodations, complete purchase orders and cheque requisition forms, and order supplies;
- Provide administrative support to the Human Resources Director and staff.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree/Certificate in Human Resources Management, Labour Relations or related discipline;
- CPHR candidacy is an asset;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Human Resource support services with excellent communication skills including experience drafting correspondence and preparing reports;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint;
- Extensive experience with maintaining confidential records and files, posting data and producing documentation with speed and accuracy;
- Experience with Payworks HRIS is a definite asset;
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal and time management skills;
- Knowledge of Red River Métis culture, MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and,
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension, and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Tuesday, October 17, 2023.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Métis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.