Contracts & Procurement Administrator
At Matrix Solutions we collaborate across services, disciplines, and geographies to deliver responsive, locally connected, and scalable solutions customized to our clients’ projects and environmental challenges. Our integrated approach is supported by talented professionals and a project management model that encourages synergies, promotes service excellence, and provides cost and time savings.
WHO WE ARE
An environmental and engineering consulting company, with employees strategically located across the country from British Columbia to Ontario.
Our people fuel a solutions powerhouse, tailoring our work for clients and projects where environmental stewardship matters and where we can make a difference.
To be a company where our people and clients can’t imagine working with anyone else.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
Our team is made up of diverse people working collaboratively towards common goals. We value the contributions and perspectives of all employees and are committed to equity and diversity initiatives to create a feeling of belonging for all of our people. When we are inclusive and diverse in a way that reflects the broader world we serve, we are able to draw from a wider community of excellence within the regions we operate.
WHAT WE DO
We partner with clients and communities to solve challenges. It’s our job to power progress and shape a better future where our clients, people, communities, and environment thrive.
Are you looking to…
- Be part of a high-functioning, collaborative team, supporting projects in many industries across Canada
- Have autonomy and the opportunity to interact and work with a community of technical experts from other Matrix regions
- Take advantage of our flexible work environment by tailoring your work hours to align with your workload
- Have the freedom to choose between remote, hybrid, or office-based work, in a way that optimizes your productivity
- Partner with extensive, long-standing clients such as municipal governments, conservation authorities, academia, and private industry
- Join a well-respected environmental consulting company
As a Contracts & Procurement Administrator, you will join our Contracts and Procurement team and can be based in any Matrix office location. The successful candidate will be a key member of the team providing a range of administrative support. They will possess a high attention to detail, the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and the ability to develop a strong understanding of our systems with responsibilities as follows:
- Assist with administration of contracts, including document management, insurance requirement assessments/requests and reporting
- Maintain the organization’s subcontractor database with updated documentation and feedback
- Prepare business correspondence (internal and external) and tables to summarize contract and proposal reviews
- Prepare basic contracts and associated documents using standard templates
- Liaise with other teams in the business to ensure proper processes and procedures are followed
- Provide wide variety of administration support as required including recording meeting minutes, filing, scheduling and coordination
What We Are Looking For
- 1 – 2 years of experience in data entry and/or administration
- Experience working in a professional office setting
- Experience providing administrative support to a contracts and procurement, legal, finance or Executive teams considered an asset
- A proven ability to prioritize, show strong organizational skills, and be a team player
- Strong communication skills with a service-oriented outlook
- Ability to execute high quality of work in an open, energetic, deadline driven environment
- Adept at learning how to navigate new software and systems
- Detail oriented with ability to think through tasks and understand connections
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
Why Choose Matrix
At Matrix you will be part of an amazing community of collaborative people who live our valuesand bring industry-leading technical expertise to their work every day. We offer a comprehensive compensation package, which includes RRSP matching, vacation + ‘Me’ days, and profit sharing. We are also committed to flexible work hours and schedules, team-based work, and cross-training opportunities.
Click the Apply button.
Are you the one we're looking for? Please apply to us directly. As a note, we are not accepting third party agency applicants at this time.
Matrix is committed to providing a safe and productive work environment and to promoting the health, safety and well-being of our employees. In keeping with our Health & Safety Policy, individuals in safety sensitive positions are subject to pre-employment, pre-access (and in some client cases, random) alcohol & drug testing as well as drivers abstract reviews.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We welcome and promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Matrix provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources directly.
Please follow us on LinkedIn (Matrix Solutions Inc) for ongoing updates about our people and business.
For more information about Matrix Solutions, please visit our website at www.matrix-solutions.comand don’t forget to our bookmark our careers page.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Are you legally authorized to work in Canada?
Work Location: Remote