Manitoba Hydro is consistently recognized as one of Manitoba's Top Employers!
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Defined-benefit pension plan.
- Nine-day work cycle which normally results in every other Monday off, providing for a balanced approach to work, family life
- Flex-time and partially remote work schedule (providing the option to work remotely 3 days per 2 week period), depending on
nature of work, operational requirements and work location.
Manitoba Hydro is a leader among energy companies in North America, recognized for providing highly reliable service and
exceptional customer satisfaction. Join our team of Manitoba's best as we continue to build a company that supports innovation,
commitment and customer service.
Under the general direction of the Construction Project Management Supervisor, the position will be responsible for the planning,
scheduling of new construction and renovation projects, and operating system maintenance of Corporate Facilities buildings and
sites throughout the province. Responsibilities include providing direction and guidance to internal and external work teams,
including designers, engineers, building experts, as well as contractors, installers, suppliers, security, grounds maintenance, water
and electrical systems and the relocation of employees for corporate properties outside of the Winnipeg area. This region is currently
comprised of 60 sites and 100 buildings as well as a supportive role for the Winnipeg Facilities Project Section.
- Responsible for the planning and organizing of all phases of building construction and renovation projects, and service/repairs
to building operating systems (including electrical, mechanical, and plumbing) and oversee grounds maintenance and site
- Responsible for maintaining, monitoring, and reporting on project schedules and cost estimates for assigned projects.
- Vetting contractor progress invoicing and process for payment.
- Maintain project cash flows, participate in financial forecasting process, and prepare financial variance
explanations/justifications on assigned projects.
- Prepare and administer Capital Project Justifications and planning; budget estimates, prepare project technical specification
for tendered contracts, ensuring designs are in compliance with corporate and regulatory safety and environmental
requirements and Canadian and Manitoba building codes. Tender preparations, review, evaluation, negotiation, and award of
various contraction and service contracts
- Work directly and provide direction to professional consulting Teams – Architectural, Engineering, and interior design - for new
building construction and renovations, and service contracts for operation/maintenance services on behalf of the Corporation.
- Preparing reports for the Section Head with status of project activities in the schedules, monitoring activity progress and
providing recommendations on progress improvement
- Inform Project MGMT Supervisor of proposed changes to project deliverables (i.e. scope, schedule, budget, change orders)
and provide input for development of Capital Justification (CPJ) and/or Addendums
- Review all contract documents, drawings, schedules, and processes to ensure a complete understanding of the work and
ensure all construction documentation is accurate, legible, complete, obtained in a timely manner, and properly archived for
- Required to travel to project sites to perform site inspections as project management team for quality assurance, keeping
project teams, contractors accountable for meeting project milestones/schedules and other contractual requirements.
"Principal Duties are intended to be an accurate reflection of the main duties essential for this position. They are not designed to be
an exhaustive list of all duties, tasks and responsibilities."
MANITOBA HYDRO IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND EMPLOYMENT EQUITY