We are a North American Leader in the Fabrication sectors with operations across Canada, and the USA. We are a fully-integrated supplier of manufacturing and engineering services providing steel components and complex, high value-added assemblies for the agricultural, construction, mining, energy, heavy truck and industrial sectors.
The Maintenance Supervisor coordinates activities of the maintenance staff in setting up, installing, repairing and maintaining machinery / equipment, metal fabricating parts and tools. The Maintenance Supervisor will report to the General Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs staff in electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic maintenance, robotic programming and repair of machinery and equipment.
- Assists workers in diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and equipment. • Directs staff engaged in dismantling, assembling and installing industrial machinery.
- Set up and maintain stores area with Max-Min levels.
- Modifies programming of robots and related equipment such as robot controllers and programmable controllers.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
- Ensures that factory efficiency is maintained at the highest possible level, without sacrificing safety, quality and cost.
- Pass on information, experiences, knowledge and best practices to other maintenance associates with regards to repair jobs, preventative maintenance, problem symptoms, etc.
- Interprets company policies to staff and enforces safety regulations. • Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to staff and assigns duties.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyses and resolves work problems, or assists staff in solving work problems. • Initiates or suggests plans to motivate staff to achieve work goals.
- Maintains time and production records and schedule overtime.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments. • Performs activities of staff supervised.
- Conducts and/or participates in accident investigations.
- Maintains high level of housekeeping as per 5S goals.
- Establish yearly budget for department.
- Establish and maintain a preventative maintenance schedule for all production equipment in the plant.
- Establish up time data on all equipment and set plans to improve.
- Implement TPM activities and lean manufacturing concepts. Rev Date: 10/01/2020
- Comply with all health and safety policies and procedures; and legislative requirements.
- Follows and comply with all Operational Procedures and policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook, Quality and Environment programs (i.e. IATF, ISO 14001)
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Ability to travel from time to time.
- Capable of managing multiple challenging assignments concurrently; moving swiftly and decisively, but collaboratively and effectively with others.
- Personal commitment to high quality standards. Strong communication skills and an ability to formulate positive interpersonal relationships.
- Strategic thinker and effective problem solver.
- Perceptive, responsible and accountable.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Two (2) or three (3) year College or Technical College.
- A minimum of six (6) months to one (1) year of related experience; or equivalent of education and experience.
- Understanding of robotic welding, mechanical and electrical machines, and equipment.
- Knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical theory.
- Knowledge of Safety Legislation.
- Previous supervisory experience in manufacturing environment would be preferred.
- Must be a team player, communicate well with others, and able to interact with all people at all levels and departments.
- Must have good organizational skills, and display a positive attitude towards new ideas.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brampton, ON L6T 5V3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person