Printful is an on-demand printing and fulfillment company that helps people turn their ideas into brands and products. We fulfill and ship custom clothing, accessories, and home & living items for online businesses. Since its founding in 2013, Printful has scaled to a vast team of experts across fulfillment centers worldwide and has become the first company with Latvian roots to reach unicorn status (valued at over $1B).
Working at Printful is exciting and challenging. We try to improve our skills and learn something new every day. We value integrity, initiative, and respectful, transparent relationships that allow us to grow as individuals, teams, and a company.
At Printful, we stand for an inclusive, accepting, and welcoming space for everyone and strive to foster an environment of diversity and a sense of belonging.
Build your career with friendly and passionate people who never forget to have fun along the way.
We’re looking for a focused Machine Maintenance Supervisor to join ourteam and help lead our machine maintenance efforts. In this role, you’ll oversee maintenance staff and monitor machine performance to ensure we’re meeting standards, working efficiently, and prioritizing quality in all we do.
Your daily tasks will include:
- Coordinating work schedules and time-off requests to make sure shifts always have complete coverage
- Conducting monthly reviews, auditing performance, and providing constructive feedback to ensure teammates are meeting quality and efficiency standards
- Organizing training and development opportunities, enforcing safety procedures, and communicating administrative policies to prioritize safety and efficiency
- Creating standard operating procedures (SOPs) and working closely with all locations to streamline processes and ensure consistency in machine maintenance standards
- Maintaining a shared knowledge base of internal and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) documentation
- Using machine data to recognize patterns, diagnose equipment issues, and catch recurring problems to avoid interruptions in operations
- Overseeing the preventative maintenance schedule and monitoring spare parts inventory levels to be proactive and prepared in case equipment issues arise
- Working with the Facilities Manager to facilitate research and development (R&D) of new equipment
- Performing other duties as assigned
What you’ll bring:
- Technical post-secondary studies diploma or Bachelor’s degree
- Current certification in forklift and scissor lift operation
- 5+ years relevant work experience supervising in an industrial environment
- Physical abilities like climbing ladders and regularly lifting objects weighing 50 lb.
- Ability to read and interpret maintenance manuals and schematics
- Proficiency in mechanical and electrical diagnosis and troubleshooting
- Experience with the 5S, Six Sigma, or Lean manufacturing management methods
- Knowledge of basic component control parameters
- Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic fluid power systems
In this role, we’ll expect you to:
- Have strong communication skills
- Work well as part of a team
- Demonstrate strong leadership abilities
- Have strong organizational and project management skills
- Be punctual and reliable
- Prioritize safety and professionalism
- Have an analytical and data-driven approach to problem-solving
- Multi-task and manage your time well
- Have an eye for detail
What we offer:
- Competitive pay and benefits: health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- RRSP with company match
- Free coffee and snacks onsite
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A fast-paced ecommerce retail environment where you can learn and grow
Printful is growing. Come grow with us!
If you think you’d excel in this role, send us your resume!
Interested, but don’t think this is the right fit for you? Feel free to share it with friends and check out other open positions at Printful. We’re always looking for creative and driven minds to join our ever-growing team!
Printful provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Printful complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Printful expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Printful’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON L5L 5Y4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Manufacturing: 5 years (required)
- Industrial maintenance: 5 years (required)
- machine maintenance: 3 years (required)
- Leadership: 2 years (required)
- Forklift Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person