The qualifications section for this position was developed using the approved job evaluation plan, agreed to between the BCGEU and BCIT. The qualifications represent the minimum qualifications required in the future (i.e. to be reflected in job postings) and do not reflect the incumbent’s existing qualifications.
- Grade 12 plus completion of one year post-secondary education in business administration, computer applications or marketing, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Two years’ experience in an administrative position and two years in a position of similar responsibility, preferably in an educational environment.
Software/Computer Application(s) and Expertise:
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated use of production software including desktop publishing, word processing, database, and spreadsheets required.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills to be applied within a complex organization of departments, instructors and support staff.
Administrative Skills (e.g. prioritizing, minute taking, wp speed, etc.):
- Must have superb organizational, time management and interpersonal skills plus sound knowledge of office systems and procedures.
- Ability to establish priorities, work to tight deadlines, troubleshoot, problem solve and make responsible decisions independently and as a team member. A high degree of flexibility and initiative are required with a positive and proactive approach to facilitating the growth and development of the PTS and Industry Service requirements of the School of Construction in accordance with BCIT policies.