Marketing & Communications Department at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
MARKETING DIRECTOR – FULL TIME
70 Hours Bi-weekly| Non-Union | Days Shift
The Baycrest Foundation Marketing and Communications department is responsible for developing and executing communications strategies for a wide range of internal and external audiences in support of Baycrest Foundation’s strategic objectives. The team manages Baycrest Foundation’s reputation, and works with senior leaders to manage and enhance the public perception of Baycrest Foundation and its support of Baycrest, a leader in geriatric care, research, innovation and education.
The Director of Marketing, Baycrest Foundation, reports directly to the Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, Baycrest Foundation. The role is responsible for implementing the marketing and communications strategy for the Foundation, developing all aspects of branding, marketing and business-related planning activities, ensuring the organization is well recognized, branded and situated to garner funds from various campaigns and donation pools. The role generates revenue by planning and executing traditional brand campaigns, digital campaigns (incl. social), e-marketing and website campaigns. It develops and executes the branding of the Foundation and manages the operations and finances of the Baycrest branding and awareness campaign. Overseeing a team, the role provides strategies to support to all Baycrest Foundation fundraising programs and events with relevant proposals, materials and marketing collateral, consistent with Baycrest messaging and brand while engaging the Foundation with all manner of existing and new digital environments.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Delivers innovative, leading edge and memorable marketing and brand campaigns designed to elevate Baycrest Foundation, and Baycrest as a whole, to renowned status as the leader in aging and brain health through research, care, education and innovation
- Manages and acts as a primary lead with external agencies in the delivery of Baycrest and Baycrest Foundation branding and visibility, overseeing budget for the creative strategy development, creative concept execution and production, marketing testing, media buy and media planning
- Lead the development, formulation and strategy for all digital programs and services, including market analysis and competitive benchmarking, corporate positioning and partner development, in relation to the Foundation
- Develops optimized trade marketing and thought leadership roadmap to build key industry awareness around data services and analytics and their tie into developing successful consolidated marketing campaigns
- Develops and executes community relations and plans to raise the profile of Baycrest Foundation within the existing community and to those external from the core constituency.
- Leads the communications, digital, social media, graphic design and direct marketing staff to mobilize and enable the development of integrated, external communications campaigns and activities designed to engage audience segments and produce measurable actions and outcomes that grow our support and revenue streams, including Events and Major Gifts
- Oversees social media strategies portals for the Foundation's social media channels including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram LinkedIn, and other social media sites including wikis, Tumblr, and blogs
- Advises and acts as a resource to the President of the Baycrest Foundation on appropriate messages and communication strategies and tactics
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- University degree minimum requirement, preferably in communications, commerce or marketing
- Master’s Degree or MBA, preferably in marketing, communications or non-profit management is an asset
- Certification in Fundraising (CFRE) is an asset
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years of related experience in communications/marketing in a non-profit environment
- Minimum of three (3) years of leadership experience at the management level
- Practical experience providing for industry knowledge of communication best practices, direct marketing, social media, and emerging digital trends in non-profit or healthcare communications
- Experience in business operations and staff management in a complex and diverse organization
- Development skills with an emphasis on technology implementations or database solutions (development, pricing and channel strategy)
- Proven ability to execute multiple programs / campaigns at one time
- Strong analytic skills including extensive knowledge of Excel i.e. budgets, analyzing data of digital advertising, etc.