BIOVECTRA Inc. is a leading bio-science business in Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia, focused on contract manufacturing and product development of active pharmaceutical ingredients, pharmaceutical intermediates, and bioreagents.
BIOVECTRA Inc. has an opening for an Analytical Chemist. This is full-time permanent position located in Charlottetown, PEI.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Carrying out literature searches to evaluate currently known analytical methods and preparing analytical research and development plans.
- Assisting in project evaluations and with pro forma costing of custom projects.
- Developing modern analytical methodologies, applying high pressure liquid chromatography, gas chromatography, ultraviolet spectroscopy, infrared spectroscopy, etc.
- Maintaining, calibrating and troubleshooting analytical equipment.
- Completing paperwork for the release of materials, including status labels and certificates of analysis.
- Writing quality control procedures, cGMP protocols and reports.
- Transferring technology to technical staff, as a member of the project team working effectively with both the R & D and Quality Control groups.
- Following the company’s quality standard (quality management system procedures and cGMP regulations).
- Preparing and testing purified analytical standards.
- Training and supervising research assistants and summer students.
The successful candidate for this position should have:
- Bachelor of Science, Chemistry.
- MSc or PhD in chemistry an asset.
- Previous analytical chemistry experience
- Two years relevant lab experience in a regulated environment.
- Knowledge of analytical methodology including: IR, UV, NMR, GC, HPLC and KF.
- Working knowledge of computer software including: work processing, spreadsheets, chemical drawing software, online chemical database searches.
Entry: $65,000 Salary
BIOVECTRA offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
Individual accommodations due to a disability are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, ethnicity, gender, disability, citizenship status, marital status, actual or perceived sexual orientation. BIOVECTRA is committed to creating an inclusive environment and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We value diversity and recognize that experience comes in many forms and skills are transferable. Please view this description as a general overview, but not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute and lead in this role, apply! We thank all interested parties; however, only those applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.