Working closely with the Project Manager, the Production Engineer will be part of the Artic Offshore Patrol Ships (AOPS) project team, ensuring the Bronswerk work scope is installed and manufactured to the proper standards required by both the company and the client.
Roles will include general project support to the AOPS project team such as the following:
- Attend daily installation progress meetings with the shipyard staff to address and resolve concerns
- Monitor on-site progress and assist team with matters throughout all stages of ship construction
- Prepare estimates for changes in scope of work
- Work with project, supplier and customer teams to resolve issues
- Prepare requisitions for ductwork and equipment under Bronswerk scope of work
- Perform engineering calculations, as required, for HVAC changes
- Create/Update drawings and project documentation as required
- Conduct quality inspections on equipment and material provided by internal and external vendors
- Assist in commissioning activities and balancing of HVAC systems
- Assist with managing BOMs (Bill of Materials) and reporting progress on a weekly basis
What sets you apart?
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering
- One or more years of related experience
- Must have strong technical and communication (English) skills, both written and verbal
- Exposure to HVAC component Design, Refrigeration system (an asset)
- Excellent 2D and 3D design skills (AutoCAD/AutoDesk Vault preferred)
- Desire to perform field work and on-site tasks
- Proficient in Excel
The Naval World intrigues you!
Are you looking for an exciting career opportunity with a Marine HVAC industry leader? You are solution driven and want to contribute to daily project activities ensuring Bronswerk work scope is manufactured and installed to the proper standards. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset, like to work on-site and in the office, and are customer driven we want to meet you!
Who are we?
A global leader in naval, military and marine Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC-R) systems & equipment, Bronswerk provides turnkey solutions for commercial and military vessels through its 12 offices worldwide. Bronswerk manages the entire process, from design to commissioning, installation and in-service support.
Why work for Bronswerk Group?
- Dynamic workplace and fast-growing international company
- Competitive salary and benefits, group insurances (Life, Health, Dental, Short- and Long-Term Disability), Retirement Program, Wellness Program, Teambuilding activities and a Recognition and Reward Program
- Ongoing professional development
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person