We have an excellent opportunity for a Heavy Duty Mechanic in Alberta (Edson)
This position will be 10-hours a day, Monday to Thursday.
Please note this is not a FIFO, willing to relocate
- Support manufacturing by maximizing equipment uptime and provide support for facility equipment and rolling stock (including vehicles, forklifts, and specialized heavy equipment) in a safe manner, while contributing to corporate, plant, and departmental goals.
- Work with a team of mechanics, millwrights, and electricians to troubleshoot and repair complex mechanical and electrical problems and perform preventative maintenance on facility equipment and rolling stock. These repairs include but are not limited to gasoline, propane, and diesel engine repair; hydraulic, electrical, suspension, transmission, brake, and air system repairs; and basic cutting and welding.
- Perform inspections, and diagnosis of facility equipment and rolling stock, by utilizing a variety of devices including an electrical technician diagnosis system.
- Conduct safety checks on facility equipment and rolling stock. Read repair orders and perform necessary tasks to successfully complete the repair of facility equipment and rolling stock.
- Complete required documentation utilizing preventative maintenance software program to track preventative maintenance, repairs, parts usage, and time allocation.
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic.
- Knowledge and proficiency in gasoline, propane, and diesel mechanics.
- Knowledge and troubleshooting of complex mechanical and electrical repair of facility equipment and rolling stock, including but not limited to vehicle, forklift, and heavy equipment.
- Must own complete set of hand tools up to an inch and a quarter.
- Qualified and proficient in cutting and welding; basic fabrication skills. Certified welder preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge and experience in computer skills including Outlook, Excel, Word, web-based applications including the internet, and preventative maintenance application.
- Knowledge and experience using computer-based diagnostics systems.
- Ability to read and comprehend service and technical information.
- Knowledge and ability to use Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Show proficiency in Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and OSHA standards.
- Ability to work closely with supervisors and other departments; be a team player/leader; good communication skills and demonstrate positive attitude.
- Willingness to work any shift, work overtime and weekend.
- Maintain a clean workstation, and exhibit good performance, safety, and attendance records.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40.00-$46.04 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Alberta: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- must relocate to small town alberta
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (required)
- heavy duty mechanical: 2 years (required)
- Journeyman (required)
- Heavy Duty Trade Certificate (required)
- Red Seal (required)
- Day Shift (required)
- Night Shift (required)
- Overnight Shift (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-09-28