The Housekeeper/General worker will be required to work a variety of job tasks in our Retirement Residence. These tasks include and not limited to Daily Screener, Dietary Aide/Kitchen Helper and Housekeeping. They will be responsible for keeping the retirement residence in clean and orderly condition and provide housekeeping to seniors, cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, cleaning, and stocking restrooms, washing walls, glass and upholstered furniture, and removing rubbish.
- Performs general clean-up of retirement facility.
- Sweeps, mops, polishes, refinishes resilient floors, vacuums and shampoos carpeted areas, dumps garbage and recycle bins, performs all cleaning aspects of halls, offices, board rooms, restrooms, lunchroom as well as washes walls, windows, upholstered furniture, and window coverings.
- Cleans and stocks restroom facilities
- Cleans light fixtures and changes bulbs/tubes.
- Notifies supervisor of any repairs
- Determines needed supplies and equipment.
- Monitors need for equipment maintenance and repair.
Other duties as required.
- Ensuring all employees, visitors fill out and complete our Daily Screening form prior to entry of facilities
- Employee temperatures are taken prior to and end of each shift
- Report any concerns to supervisor regarding form submissions or issues with visitors
Dietary Aide/Kitchen Helper
- Serve meals/beverages using specific sanitation and quality procedures
- Store stock appropriately to maintain cleanliness and prevent food spoilage
- Clean assigned dining areas using appropriate procedures
- Observe Health & Safety rules and regulations.
- Washing dishes, pots/pans, trays
- Minimum of 1 years demonstrated experience in a building environment
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Excellent ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and prioritize as necessary
- Excellent teamwork skills, ability to work independently
- Knowledge of retirement living industry an asset; Experience working with seniors an asset
- Vulnerable Sector Police Screening
- Up-to-date Immunizations required in the Seniors Health Care Field (TB Screening test)
- Ability to read, write, speak English
- Ability to use mobile phone, electronic communication (email) and electronic calendar scheduling system
- Hours of Work: Multiple Shifts including Days/Afternoons/Evenings/Weekends/ Holidays
- Ability to stand/walk for up to 8 hours each day
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs independently
- Ability to climb ladders/stairs and work from heights
Full Time Permanent
Zest Communities Group of Companies is a 55+ community that brings resort-style living to Hamilton. At its center, a delightful village with invigorating four season indoor and outdoor recreational activities, retail and entertainment amenities will offer residents an unsurpassed lifestyle.
Located within St. Elizabeth Village, we offer affordable independent and assisted living. With beautiful views of the natural landscape, our spacious private and shared rooms are bright, comfortable, and secure.
Our Company welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation in the completion of this application, please contact the HR Department
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $17.50 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- cleaning: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person