Investment Advisor Assistant (Licensed), Cash Management Group
Vancouver – Job # 7077
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for an Administrative Assistant (Licensed) to join our high-performing team of finance professionals. You will directly support the Cash Management Group's Investment Advisors and team of 20+ finance professionals. Working closely with our team in our downtown Vancouver office, you will be provided with mentoring and training to ensure you fully understand the way our business is conducted.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Administrative Assistant to the Cash Management Group and associates;
- Prepare and validate investment order entries;
- Prepare new client account opening documents;
- Work directly with Canaccord Genuity operations team to open new accounts;
- Maintain client folders and ensure all information is kept up to date;
- Perform data entry and follow up with clients via phone and email;
- Provide ad hoc administrative support.
- An undergraduate degree or higher level of education;
- 3 to 5 years of related experience in the securities industry;
- Preference will be given to candidates who have completed the Canadian Securities Course (CSC®) Conduct and Practices Handbook (CPH®) and hold a valid license with IIROC;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Attention to detail is a must with the ability to articulate clearly;
- Self-starter attributes, motivated and hardworking;
- Adaptability to work in a constantly changing and highly demanding environment;
- Vibrant and professional demeanor;
- Able to present a polished appearance in a formal business environment;
- Comfortable using cloud and Android applications: WhatsApp, Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs,) Box, Salesforce, LinkedIn, and Slack.