Who we are
- A family owned & operated business with a friendly, approachable management team; become a valued and respected member
- A management team that is present and engaged with you on a personal level on the work sites
- Run by people who have experience, know the in’s & outs of the traffic control industry and have ‘been in the trenches’
- We take pride in our work and in getting people home safely to their families everyday
- Controlling traffic flow is an art form to us & we take satisfaction in producing visually appealing setups
Who you are
- Fun, upbeat and positive!
- Reliable, punctual & hard working
- Positive & pleasant to deal with
- Trustworthy & loyal
- Effective leader – able to build trust and inspiration in the team by leading by example first
- Effective communicator - able to communicate with other members of traffic control team, work crew & the general public in various ever-changing situations
- Self-Motivated and work well with others
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Organized and focused while also able to switch tasks at the drop of a dime as required
- Proficient with modern technology, and able to adapt and learn quickly (Microsoft Suite/365, web-based scheduling and billing software, mobile devices)
- Work well unsupervised as required
- Drive to learn new skills without provocation
- Goal driven and growth mindset
- Critical Thinker
- Flexibility for work schedule (Can work a variety of hours throughout the day and night)
As the Traffic Control Supervisor, the ideal candidate will be responsible for site level supervision of employees, as well as some Company dispatch duties.
The incumbent successfully drives positive behavioral change and applies expertise in traffic control management to establish a credible, robust and enduring health and safety culture in our workplace. Candidates will have a curiosity and intense interest in all aspects of the traffic economy and all things related. A keen interest in managing multiple tasks, ever changing deadlines, and functioning under pressure will be required whilst demonstrating poise, tact and confidentiality at all times.
- Conduct site inspections and implement corrective actions as pertaining to the most current Traffic Management Manual for work on roadways in BC, WorksafeBC Act and Company Policies
- Facilitate recruiting, hiring, and training for all new employees with regards to Traffic Control operations, including but not limited to, set-up and take-down of traffic control devices, traffic control persons duties (flagging)
- Actively promote a health and safety mind-set through continuous communications, relationship building and leadership across all areas and levels of the company
- Report on health & safety performance, as it pertains to site activities and employee job performance at all project and operation sites and reporting through management to drive the right behaviour and company culture
- Ensure incident response plans are in communicated, and that all reporting requirements are met
- Conduct adequate and timely site inspections as pre-determined quarterly with management, inclusive of supporting documentation
- Communicate and liaise between employees and senior management with regards to all issues, incidents, requests, and equipment needs
- Actively manage and communicate daily dispatch, including taking calls and texts from clients and dispatching Argo employees and subcontractors accordingly
Staff & Task Management
- Ensures retention of high performers.
- When necessary, demonstrates the ability to provide employees with feedback, or implement performance improvement plans for staff who don’t meet expectations.
- Motivates, coaches, and develops staff to ensure job satisfaction and results.
- Resolves conflict.
- Provides a positive work environment.
- Ensures that traffic control skills are current and provides training to upgrade skills.
- Trains and provides directions for improvements.
- Recognizes, celebrates, and rewards successes.
- Provides informal positive reinforcement and constructive feedback regularly.
- Handle other administrative tasks and special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Certified TCP in BC
- Valid Drivers License and Clean Drivers Abstract
- Clean Criminal Record Background Check
- Must reside in Greater Vancouver, BC, Canada. (Or be willing to re-locate)
- Familiarity with communication/common technology systems (Office 365 suite, email, cellular devices, etc.)
- Must be available to travel as needed.
- Must have strong driving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High Emotional Intelligence
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment that can change moment by moment
- In depth knowledge of broad and current health and safety legislation, regulations and best practices
- Verbal and written presentation skills adapted for the audience
- Conflict resolution skills
- Leadership Skills
- Business Acumen - Customer Service and Customer Support
Additional desired qualifications:
- OHS Training including but not limited to,
- Internal COR Auditor (BCCSA)
- CSO training/certificate
- LSE Certificate
- Post Secondary Education in any field
- Post Graduate degree
Greater Vancouver, BC, Canada
Type of Employment
$45,000.00 to $75,000.00 per annum + bonus
Salary based on experience and qualifications as outline in Job Posting
Ready to apply? Here’s what to do:
Email [email protected] with your LinkedIn or resume and what makes you a great fit for our team.
What is Argo Safety Services?
We are a growing traffic control company in the lower mainland of BC that focuses on quality work, professional traffic setups & a fun, positive, encouraging work environment. We’re a modern-day “mom & pop” company while maintaining the positive core functions of a larger organization. Our goal is to attract and maintain a company of upbeat people with a can-do attitude… like you!
Thank you for your interest! Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Company car
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Do you have a valid drivers license?
- Do you have clean driving record
Work Location: On the road
Application deadline: 2023-05-18