About River City Tile Company
River City Tile Company is a tile boutique, offering access to over 40 different tile collections to our local community and beyond. We are passionate about tile, natural stone, and interior design. At the core of what we do is personal customer service, industry expertise, and providing the most extensive tile offering to our clients.
Who is the Showroom Manager?
The Showroom Manager is a dynamic and organized professional responsible for overseeing the daily operations of our boutique showroom. This key role requires a combination of leadership, business acumen, an eye for interior design, and exceptional customer service skills. The Showroom Manager plays a pivotal role in ensuring efficient showroom operations, is an effective relationship builder, and is passionate about elevating the customer experience.
Leadership and Team Management
The Showroom Manager leads and motivates our showroom team, ensuring they are well-trained, knowledgeable about our vast collection of tile, and deliver exceptional service to customers. They will guide a productive and cohesive work environment by effectively delegating tasks, managing team workflow, and chairing a weekly team meeting and sales meeting.
Responsible for the showroom's financial performance, the Showroom Manager develops and adheres to budgets, controlling expenses while maximizing profitability. The Showroom Manager will own accounts payable and accounts receivable responsibilities, liaising with the accountant & bookkeeper as needed.
The Showroom Manager is responsible for overseeing human resources functions such as the team schedule, vacation calendar, liaising with the accountant for payroll administrating, and collaborating with the business owner to recruit, hire, and train new employees.
Supplier Relationship Management
The Showroom Manager establishes and maintains strong relationships with suppliers and vendors and regularly communicates with suppliers to ensure the showroom is equipped with up-to-date pricing and product availability, and will negotiate terms and resolve conflicts where necessary.
Supply Chain Logistics Management
The Showroom Manager is responsible for coordinating the arrival of all client orders, scheduling and making payments for open purchase orders, consolidating orders to be shipped from domestic and international suppliers, and coordinating and tracking the shipments.
Exceptional customer service is a top priority for the Showroom Manager. They ensure that customers receive a warm and welcoming experience, resolving any issues promptly, and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
Showroom Displays & Upkeep
The Showroom Manager collaborates with the showroom team and business owner to maintain the showroom’s organization, cleanliness, and to help create appealing and aesthetically pleasing product displays. They understand the importance of visual presentation in attracting and retaining customers.
- A post-secondary diploma or degree in business administration
- Strong organizational skills and business acumen for financial management and strategic decision making
- Strong leadership and team building skills. Previous experience in a leadership role managing a team is an asset.
- Customer-centric mindset with a passion for delivering exceptional service.
- Flexibility and adaptability to a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High aptitude for technology and learning new systems
- Working knowledge of Quickbooks online
- Experience using AutoCAD is an asset but not required
- Knowledge of interior design, construction, and interior trends is an asset
- Knowledge of tile and natural stone products is an asset
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Secondary School (required)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (preferred)
- Retail management: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person