Manitoba Hydro is consistently recognized as one of Manitoba's Top Employers!
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Defined-benefit pension plan.
- Nine-day work cycle which normally results in every other Monday off, providing for a balanced approach to work, family life
- Flex-time and partially remote work schedule (providing the option to work remotely 3 days per 2 week period), depending on
nature of work, operational requirements and work location.
Manitoba Hydro is a leader among energy companies in North America, recognized for providing highly reliable service and
exceptional customer satisfaction. Join our team of Manitoba's best as we continue to build a company that supports innovation,
commitment and customer service.
We are seeking an Environmental Specialist to join our Enterprise Environment team for a duration of approximately 13 months.
Reporting to the Enterprise Environment Department Manager, this position will be responsible to develop and implement
environmental management and sustainability practices, ensuring alignment with Manitoba Hydro's environmental management
system (EMS) and Electricity Canada requirements; and will interface with staff and management to implement enterprise-wide
strategic environmental initiatives to support continual improvement of environmental performance within the Corporation.
- Implement and continually improve an effective EMS in alignment with ISO14001:2015 to support the consistent management
of environmental risk across the enterprise.
- Lead the EMS Coordinator network in obtaining self-verification status for the EMS.
- Lead various working groups in support of enterprise initiatives and projects.
- Guide staff in applying environmental management techniques in the development of business plans, objectives, targets, and
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Business Unit staff, providing support in operationalizing environmental
- Initiate, develop, maintain and/or support appropriate programs in support of compliance monitoring, environmental
awareness and communication, corrective and preventive action, control of environmental impacts, monitoring and
measurement, as per EMS requirements.
- Maintain and communicate knowledge on current industry and corporate best practices in the field of environmental
- Develop and deliver awareness material to various organizational levels and functional groups.
- Provide internal environmental audit response.
- Lead diverse working groups in problem identification and resolution.
- Select, supervise and develop staff, as required.
- Departmental, business unit and/or Corporate representation on internal and external committees, as required.
"Principal Duties are intended to be an accurate reflection of the main duties essential for this position. They are not designed to be
an exhaustive list of all duties, tasks and responsibilities."
- Four year university degree from an institute of recognized standing in a discipline related to the duties, with courses in
environmental science, environmental management or other complementary discipline, plus a minimum of five years of
MANITOBA HYDRO IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND EMPLOYMENT EQUITY