Build an Aviation Career You're Proud Of
No matter your background, we will support you to take on new challenges and grow your skills. You'll build relationships, ensure our teams are taken care of and advocate for our customers' needs. Our values like integrity, service, teamwork, and communication will make you proud to be part of StandardAero.
Grow our ever-growing business by assisting customers, reaching new ones, and developing program strategies to help us succeed. You'll build relationships, ensure our teams are taken care of, and advocate for our customers' needs.
The Material Specialist - Sub Contract is responsible for all liaisons with outside vendors for components being routed for repair and overhaul. This includes placing orders, updating delivery and costing information, as well as communications internally with all production support personnel.
- Communicate with vendors and in-house departments on the repair-ability of parts, current statuses, and expected delivery dates, pricing, etc.
- Create and send Purchase Orders to the appropriate vendor and manage the parts through the entire repair process at the vendor.
- Immediately communicate any delays that will not support production requirements.
- Raise Supplier Corrective Actions Requests (SCAR's), Receiving Discrepancies (RD's) and return parts as required for warranty.
- Review weekly vendor status reports and update purchase orders as required.
- Advise production and Customer Support personnel of the availability of subcontract rework items as requested and expedite as required.
- Advise Inventory Planner and Supervisor of all potential delays or problems, potential shortages and the best available lead-time.
- Work with accounts payable to ensure all purchase order issues are resolved and all vendor credits are resolved and received.
- Support co-workers during vacation, sick time etc.
- Perform other departmental duties as requested.
- Model behaviors consistent with good quality, health and safety, and environmental management practices.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent plus a minimum of 3 years related experience.
- Administrative experience would be an asset
- Computerized inventory system experience would also be an asset
- Must be able to work occasional overtime, weekend and holiday on-call.
- Must be willing to work shift-work.
- Additional assets for consideration would include experience in accounting and purchasing as well as a strong technical learning ability.
The successful candidate must be aware that the position will involve:
Benefits that make life better:
- Spending extended periods of time working at a computer and on the phone.
- Must be willing to walk to various areas throughout the facility throughout the day.
- There will be a requirement to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in specific areas of the building, such as safety shoes.
- Working in fast-paced environment, therefore, must be an individual capable of maintaining focus while having many interruptions.
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Company pension at 100% company match; up to 5% vested
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Bonus opportunities
- Health- & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Learning & Training opportunities
When you work at StandardAero, you're not just an employee, you're part of a vibrant company of like-minded people, all working collaboratively towards the same goals. We succeed as a team because we value the unique contributions and perspectives of all of our people, fostering a culture of collaboration and excellence. It's a culture that promotes mutual respect and effective communications to create an environment of stability, shaping the organization and forging a successful future. Our goal is to be the best place to work, giving each and every employee the opportunity to reach their maximum potential through continuous learning and advancement opportunities, allowing all team members to exceed their potential and empower everyone's success.
StandardAero is one of the world's largest independent providers of services, including engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications. The company is a global enterprise that employs nearly 7,000 employees worldwide with annual revenues exceeding $4 billion. StandardAero serves a diverse array of customers in business and general aviation, airline, military, helicopter, components and energy markets. The company celebrated its 100th year of industry leadership in 2011.
StandardAero is owned by Carlyle, a global investment firm with deep industry expertise that deploys private capital across four business segments: Corporate Private Equity, Real Assets, Global Credit and Investment Solutions.
Raising the Standard of Excellence since 1911
With over a century of proven excellence, StandardAero has become an industry leader in MRO services and customized solutions in the aerospace field. Our shared values and learning-based culture inspire our team to exceed their potential and power our customers' missions worldwide. With on-the-job training, advancement opportunities, and excellent benefits, StandardAero invites you to experience a fulfilling and meaningful career with us.
Inclusivity Is Our Standard
StandardAero offers equal employment opportunities for all. Our supportive environment celebrates diversity with no room for harassment or discrimination of any kind. We invite you to bring your authentic self to our team and experience our welcoming culture.