About Irpinia Kitchens
For over half a century, Irpinia Kitchens has provided a luxurious brand of fine cabinetry to North Americans. Our relentless dedication to high-quality products and leading-edge custom designs has been at the core of Irpinia’s longevity and success.
With multiple locations in the Greater Toronto Area here in Ontario, Canada we have been manufacturing high-end kitchen cabinets for over 50 years and our innovative, superbly designed products have placed us at the forefront of the North American cabinetry industry. Our primary focus is customer and employee satisfaction.
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Technician to join our team at our head office located in Richmond Hill.
The Maintenance Technician will ensure that production runs uninterrupted by maintaining a preventative maintenance schedule and supporting departments troubleshoot issues as they arise with minimum downtime. The Maintenance Technician will coordinate with Machine Operators, Team Leads, and external stakeholders to ensure all required quality and safety requirements are met in a cost-efficient manner. The Successful candidate will need to have experience in developing and maintaining preventative maintenance systems and supporting/training a team of operators in a manufacturing environment. The successful candidate possess strong interpersonal skills and is able to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and execute targets in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
- Develop and maintain preventive maintenance standards and schedules for all mechanical/electrical systems and equipment; this includes disassembly, cleaning, reassembly, and calibration.
- Develop a repair and maintenance data tracker and reporting system. Collect repair and maintenance data performed and ensure proper follow-up actions are taken and documented.
- Analyze test results, machine error messages, and information obtained from operators; troubleshoot and diagnose equipment and system problems based on data received.
- Repair and maintain the operating condition of production equipment, including reassembly of parts after completion of repair, testing, or inspection.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations
- Continuous learning and improvement of technical skills to remain current on equipment installation and operations, including the set-up and programming processes.
- Utilize welding skills to cut and weld metal for parts repairs, fabrication, and assembly of new equipment.
- Provides operations demonstrations on production equipment for new machine operators; communicates the various safety, control, and operating features in a clear and concise manner.
- Coordinate completion of work orders with cross-functional team members, to ensure cost-effectiveness and productivity standards are met.
- Communicates potential mechanical hazards on equipment to appropriate leadership and operators.
- Ensure that any safety related work orders are given a top priority in operations, ensuring adherence to Provincial and Federal regulations as well as company policy and procedures.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives. Present suggestion for improvement to achieve best practice standards.
- Provide recommendations on preventative maintenance programs for applicable equipment and improvement opportunities for systems functionality.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or certificate/licence in related trade preferred.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in manufacturing/industrial maintenance.
- 2 years supervisory or team lead experience.
- Excellent English language skills (oral and written) required.
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude required.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office and other applications).
- Demonstrates leadership, reliability, commitment, and initiative.
- Ability to lead by example and encourage teams learning and development.
- Ability to develop new systems/procedures and train others on them.
- Ability to lead a team and influence change.
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs. as needed
- Competitive based on experience.
We support diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. There is zero-tolerance for any form of harassment, bullying or discrimination and hope maintain a safe and healthy work environment for all. We are committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- production maintenance: 3 years (preferred)
- manufacturing industry: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person