Please apply on Isarta.com
Abiona Centre (?the Centre?) is an award-winning, accredited Children's Mental Health Centre that is a multi-service, non-profit, unionized, community agency located in the east end of Toronto. The Centre is committed to nurturing empowerment, independence and growth for young pregnant and parenting women, children and families in a non-judgmental, inclusive environment by providing a residential care and treatment program; supportive transitional housing; on-site high school program, community housing support and referral services; and maternal infant mental health programs and services. We do this by working collaboratively as a multi-disciplinary team with community partners to provide holistic programs and support that respond to mental health, education and transitional needs. The Centre also operates an EarlyON Child and Family Centre and an Early Learning Centre. All the programs and services are open to families, young women and their children living in the broader community.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director, Development and Communications directs the development and execution of all resource development (fundraising and volunteer/student), communications and branding activities including the plan to achieve the fundraising goals in support of the Centre's mission, vision and strategic directions.
The Director will identify, research, cultivate, solicit and steward long-term philanthropic relationships with key foundations, individuals, and corporate leaders, lead the annual fundraising campaign and other fundraising activities, develop and implement effective communications and media strategies to promote the Centre's cause and reputation. This role also supports the delivery of the volunteer/student program.
POSITION: DIRECTOR, DEVELOPMENT AND COMMUNICATIONS
Term: Full time permanent
Program: Corporate Services
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
- Bachelor's degree in a related field; CFRE designation or work towards designation is an asset.
- 5+ years of comprehensive experience and success in resource development (fundraising and volunteer/student development)
- Excellent managerial skills and minimum 2 years of supervisory experience
- Excellent organization, time management skills and ability to establish priorities and achieve financial targets in a team environment
- Positive track-record in building and maintaining effective relationships with senior executives, donors and staff.
- Positive track record raising funds, through major gifts, annual giving and special events.
- Demonstrated ability to promote teamwork, collaboration and partnership.
- Excellent communications skills - written, verbal, presentation
- Passion, personal alignment, and commitment to the mission of the Centre
- Direct knowledge of the target population we serve is an asset.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including problem-identification, problem solving, and people-management skills
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite and donor database
- Interacts with clients, staff, visitors, government agencies/personnel.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting and lifting.
- Travel required
- Must be available to work some weekends/evenings
- Overtime as required
Closing Date: October 4, 2023; 5:00 p.m.
The Centre offers a dynamic work environment and career advancement opportunities. The successful candidate must have a negative criminal reference check and vulnerable sector screening as a condition of employment.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Centre's Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Please make your needs known in advance.
The Centre encourages applications from persons who represent the diverse populations we serve.
Qualified applicants should send their cover letter and resume by the closing date to:
1102 Broadview Avenue
Toronto, ON M4K 2S5
(please quote "Director, Development and Communications" in the subject line)
We thank all applicants, however, only those we select for interview will be contacted.