Want to work with a world class team that is committed to changing the face of the video game industry? Join us in building an environment where creatives of all backgrounds can thrive and bring unique and compelling stories to market.
Brass Lion Entertainment is seeking a Helpdesk Engineer to join a talented and diverse team currently working on a new, unannounced Action-Role Playing Game (Consoles, PC) with an anime art style.
As a Helpdesk Engineer you are the first point of contact for technical support within the studio and know when to escalate more challenging technical problems to your peers. You will help manage the inventory of hardware and software licensing for every department of the studio. We will depend on you to reliably onboard and offboard members of the studio. You will work with your customers to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair hardware remotely; overseeing and facilitating the logistics of studio break fix for desktops and laptops. If you want to support a studio aiming to make a tangible positive change in the world that will provide you with plenty of opportunities to learn new technical skills, this role is for you!
A POC-majority studio, Brass Lion is propelled by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce that fosters belongingness. We have adapted to a fully remote working structure, with our team members contributing from New York City, Montréal, and fourteen other locations across Canada and the United States.
- Troubleshoot Hardware for Windows and MacOS endpoints
- Own communication and coordination with vendors and internal studio staff to repair/replace hardware
- Software troubleshooting for various tools/services the studio relies on; some examples include:
- VPN, Zoom, Perforce, Slack, Confluence, Jira, Adobe, etc
- Manage inventory of hardware assets and software licenses to ensure a smooth onboarding/offboarding experience for the studio
- Review software, service, and access requests, escalating when appropriate for authorization, some examples include:
- Enterprise application access requests (e.g. Atlassian Products), Onboarding/Offboarding employees
- Triage support ticket queue and escalate when necessary
- Investigate and escalate security alerts for endpoints
- Independently troubleshoot and diagnose PC and laptop hardware for remote employees with a high degree of accuracy
- Independently source all components of a gaming PC and assemble them in a reasonably short timeframe
- Independently troubleshoot and diagnose networking problems for users in a fully remote environment with a high degree of accuracy
- Experience managing complex Identity Provider (IdP) deployments leveraging SSO and RBAC
- e.g. Azure AD, Active Directory, Okta, Jump Cloud, etc
- Proven competence directly managing vendor relationships
- e.g. ordering hardware, facilitating repairs/returns end to end
- General understanding of SaaS services
- Located and authorized for work in the US or Canada
Skills & Attributes
- Deep understanding of WFH logistics for end users
- Organized and time efficient work ethic
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Interacting with peers/customers
- Writing documentation
- Drafting diagrams
- Azure AD and/or Active Directory experience
- Terraform experience
- Familiar with Version Control Systems
- Experience with one scripting language (e.g. PowerShell or Bash)
- Familiarity with security best practices
- principal of least privilege, password management, disk encryption, shared responsibility model
- General understanding of Cloud Computing
- Relevant Industry certifications:
- CompTIA A+ or CompTIA Net+
- CCENT or CCNA
- Microsoft MTA
What We Offer
- 100% remote work model
- Comprehensive and generous benefits package (dental, vision, life insurance, extended health care, telemedicine, mental health and wellness)
- 401(k), paid holidays and vacation, flexible sick day policy, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave
Note: Only candidates who are located in and authorized to work in Canada and the United States will be contacted for an interview.
Salary Transparency: The standard base pay range for this role is USD$60,000 - USD$80,000 Annual (CDN$60,000 - CDN$80,000). Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location.