Barminco forms part of the Perenti Group, a diversified global mining services company. Barminco can offer you opportunities to take your career to the next level as one of the world's largest hard-rock underground mining companies, with operations in Australia and across the globe. The Perenti Group operates across a wide range of mining sectors and offers unique career progression opportunities.
“Start Here – Go Anywhere!”
Ready to ignite your career and unlock limitless possibilities? Barminco Mining Services Canada invites you to join our dynamic team as a Health & Safety Coordinator, at the Barrick-Hemlo operation in Marathon, ON.
We’re seeking experienced mining safety professionals who thrive in fast-paced environments and enjoy collaboration in a diverse team setting. You will be empowered to use your knowledge and skills to make a lasting impact and will be supported while upholding Barminco’s industry leading safety standards. You will experience daily challenges that will also contribute to your personal and professional growth.
Join us at Barminco and fuel your passion for mining safety. Come make a difference.
Working 14-days on, followed by 14-days off rotation, this position is a "drive in/drive out" role.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination of day-to-day safety initiatives. These may include, but not limited to job observations, safety audits, risk assessments and hazard identifications, emergency response, incident investigations, injury and return-to-work managment and other tasks as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Mining Health and Safety in an underground environment
- You are well-versed in Ontario’s Occupational Health and Safety Act. R.R.O. 1990, Regulation 854. Mines and Mining Plants
- Underground Hard-Rock Mining Common Core Certification
- Underground Mining Front Line Supervisor Common Core Certification would be an asset
- Train-the-trainer certification would be an asset
- Strong communications skills
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead, influence and motivate others to shape a strong safety culture
- Experience with Safety Management Database systems (INX software would be an asset)
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of products including MS Teams would be an asset
- Strong reporting and data management skills
- WSIB certification desired
- Experience with Underground Mine Rescue
What we offer:
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. can offer you a role where you will be challenged and valued for your skills and experience. You will also have the opportunity to develop and grow your career.
We offer a competitive salary, health and medical benefits, travel allowance, meals and camp accommodations near Marathon, Ontario.
NOTE: Selected candidates will have to successfully complete a pre-employment Fit for Duty medical which including alcohol and drug screening.
How to Apply:
Start your application by clicking on the 'Apply' button. Create an account if you have not yet registered to Barminco's Career site.
Please include copies of your Ontario Underground Common Core Modular Training Transcript and all other certifications you may have that is relevant to the role you are applying for. We look forward to reviewing your application, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.