Posted: May 18, 2023
Application Deadline: June 1, 2023
Manager, IT Service and Support
Classification: Salary Band G
Salary Rate: $90, 441 to $110, 487 (annual salary based on 37.5 hours/week)
StFX is a top-ranking Canadian university, and we are seeking a Manager, IT Service & Support to join our IT Services team reporting to the Director, IT Services. The Manager, IT Service & Support is responsible for the management and operations of the IT Help Desk, Technology Consulting Services, classroom AV technology, and computer lab facilities. As part of the IT Services management team this position is responsible for technology planning and operational activities including developing long-term plans for institution-wide technology initiatives, development of an annual department business plan, professional development planning, and identifying requirements for and researching solutions to technology issues. The Manager, IT Service & Support is responsible for developing innovative solutions and being proactive in the improvement of the client experience.
- Management of team operations including staff management, issue resolution, and performance reviews.
- Development, communication, and execution of an annual IT Service business plan as part of the IT Service management team, providing regular updates on plan progress.
- Proactive improvements to the overall IT service experience for users by developing policies and procedures with senior management and staff.
- Leading the planning and implementation of some IT Service & Support projects including development of project documentation, coordination of team activities, budget, and reporting.
- Operational policy and process development, implementation, and monitoring.
- Operational budget management for areas of responsibility including planning and monitoring, invoice submission, credit card monitoring and reporting and annual budget submissions and projections.
- Procurement of technology equipment and services and assistance in RFP development and establishment of service agreements.
- Development and maintenance of relationships with internal and external service providers.
- IT Service communications including service updates and bulletins, training materials, etc.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Seven+ years progressive experience in IT support or related field
- Experience managing IT support teams.
- Budget management and reporting
- Experience in a University environment is considered an asset.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic and proven success working in a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Experience working and interacting with clients is essential.
Closing date for applications is 1 p.m. (AT) on June 1, 2023. To apply please submit a letter of application and a resume in confidence to Human Resources, StFX University at [email protected]. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
StFX is located in Mi’kma’ki, the ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq People.
StFX is seeking candidates who are committed to contributing to our priorities of equity, diversity, and inclusion. A demonstrated ability in fostering a climate of inclusion and cultural safety is a strong asset. Preference will be given to applicants who bring lived experience of historically excluded groups.
We are also committed to the elimination of barriers to participation for persons with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at [email protected] or 902-867-5038.
StFX employees work in an open and challenging environment with other members of our dedicated faculty and staff. Employees join the Xaverian community on our beautiful campus and have the opportunity to contribute to everyday Xaverian life and help foster inclusivity and sense of closeness that embodies the Xaverian community.
In addition to a starting salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, and employees participate in the university’s pension plan. Other benefits include paid vacation and holidays (including university winter break), and tuition discounts for employees/dependants.
StFX is committed to supporting the well-being of the whole person through a comprehensive effort that includes key elements of a healthy workplace: physical environment, healthy lifestyles, mental health, and workplace culture. Various wellness resources are available to employees and eligible family members including an Employee and Family Assistance Program.
IT Services encourages and supports your growth (technical and leadership) through formal training, professional development, and mentorship. We offer remote or hybrid work where possible and promote work/life balance. About St. Francis Xavier University
About St. Francis Xavier University
Established in 1853, St. Francis Xavier University (StFX) is consistently recognized as one of the best universities in Canada. StFX exceeds the needs of today’s undergraduates through providing the very best academic experience -- outstanding teaching, exceptional hands-on research opportunities, and global exchanges -- all within Canada’s most vibrant and inspiring residential campus. Here, the focus is on the academic and the personal development of every student, making community and social engagement a large part of the learning experience. Our students are academically strong and highly engaged in every aspect of life, determined to make a positive impact on the world.
In 2022, Maclean's annual university rankings put StFX #1 in student satisfaction and #2 in reputation across Canada in the primarily undergraduate category.
For more, visit www.stfx.ca
About Antigonish, Nova Scotia
The beautiful and historic town of Antigonish, Nova Scotia, is located the northeastern corner of Nova Scotia. We’re only a 15-minute drive from the ocean and two-hour drive to major urban centres. With a diverse and growing population, Antigonish is a family friendly town with lots of opportunity, access to good education at all levels, recreation, sports, and culture activities. It is surrounded by rolling countryside with hiking and beautiful beaches. We enjoy a vibrant culture in the arts with music, performing arts, visual arts and crafts, and fabulous festivals throughout the year. For more information, visit www.townofantigonish.caor www.visitantigonish.ca.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $90,441.00-$110,487.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Antigonish, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-06-01