Ruth Rumack’s Learning Space (RRLS) is currently looking for an Intermediate-Senior level math teacher for an October 2023 start date. The position will be part-time (16-24 hours) to start and includes paid training. This part-time position could lead to a full-time offer, which consists of a 36-hour work week (four 9-hour days with a 3-day weekend).
Who you are:
You are an enthusiastic math teacher who is willing to learn new things. Like a lot of us, you probably studied to become a teacher with a clear idea of what your career would look like- standing in front of a classroom. This is an opportunity for you to put those skills to use and to do what you love in an unconventional way by providing one-on-one academic support. This means working with students outside of the classroom on a regular basis to support their unique learning needs. You should also be:
- OCT certified (or possess a math/science degree with extensive teaching experience)
- Experienced or qualified to work with students with special education needs
- Able to support students in a variety of math courses ranging from Grade 9-12
- Passionate about supporting students in a holistic way
- Kind, patient, and compassionate
Who we are:
Ruth Rumack’s Learning Space (RRLS) is a fast-growing educational support company for students from kindergarten to university. We specialize in:
- Teaching students primarily in a 1-to-1 setting
- Using Direct Instruction methods in conjunction with individualized lesson plans that help students with a variety of learning exceptionalities and other education needs.
- Providing lessons that are interactive, kinesthetic, and incorporate creative teaching methods not found in regular classrooms
What we can do for you:
Before you start working with any student, you will meet with one of our Associate Directors of Education to discuss their learning goals and particular needs. You will be thoroughly trained on any programming that will be delivered to your student but expected to utilize your own teaching toolbox as well. We provide a private teaching space within our office, a computer and iPad, and access to all of our resources and special education materials. Depending on student requests, there is a possibility of some online instruction from your home.
What we are offering:
- Flexible part-time employment to start, with the potential to increase to a full-time 4-day work week
- A starting part-time wage of $22.28 per hour. For full-time employees, the starting salary is $42,500 per year, with an increase to $45,600 after six months
- Paid prep time
- Benefits starting after 1 year
- Thorough, ongoing training and support
- Professional development opportunities
- A warm, collaborative work culture
What a day looks like:
Part-time teachers typically work 2-3 shifts per week of either 4 hours or 8 hours. Full-time teachers will work four 9-hour days per week from Sunday to Wednesday. For the first few hours of the day, you have time to plan your lessons, communicate with parents and other professionals involved with your students, and work on internal projects.
After the traditional school day is over, students begin to come in for their lessons. The second half of the day is devoted to teaching. Most lessons last for one hour, so teachers see about 3-5 students per day.
Weekday shifts are in the afternoon and evening and Sunday shifts are during the day. In the summer, we shift to a 4-day work week from Monday-Thursday.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please visit our website (www.ruthrumack.com) to learn more about us.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Ruth Rumack's Learning Space is committed to workplace diversity. We provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact us through our website Contact page.
Please note that our building is only accessible by a small set of stairs from the street.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time
Part-time hours: 20-24 per week
Salary: From $22.28 per hour
- Company events
- Work from home
- Evening shift
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person