Job purpose: To ensure accurate record keeping and reconciliation of cash sales versus revenue and to process payroll. To support the Finance Manager with payroll, data entry, payment vouchers, invoicing, filing, and other duties as assigned. Responsibilities: The following is a list of the essential duties and responsibilities of this role. The tasks and time spent performing each task may vary as business needs require. The Sweet Potato maintains the right to modify job duties and responsibilities at its discretion. Payroll Clerk
○ Review, process, and file payrolls. ○ Correct for missed payments, missed hours, or lunches.
○ Review quarterly to ensure a smooth year end process.
○ Ensure team members are being allocated to appropriate departments. ○ Support in resolving payroll issues and discrepancies.
○ Process ROEs, and support team in Year End reporting. Cash Office ○ Reconcile daily cash sales versus revenue and determine reasons for over/short variances.
○ Report variances to Front End Managers and assist with additional investigation as needed.
○ Count and maintain daily floats and petty cash.
○ File and organize receipts and paperwork related to daily sales, such as gift cards, credit/debit card receipts, petty cash/paid-outs.
○ Make recommendations on cash security and payment methods as deemed necessary.
○ Prepare bank deposits, change orders, and other requests. Accounts Payable ○ Date entry of invoices in accounting software with the correct cost center allocation. ○ Filing all invoices and Payment vouchers. ○ Printing of all invoices received via email.
○ Collection and organization of produce department invoices.
Process sign cheques for dispatching.
○ Any other task that may be assigned as needed. The Sweet Potato Job Description: Payroll & Accounts Payable Clerk QUALIFICATIONS:
○ Work independently with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
○ Proven ability to maintain utmost confidentiality of information and documents
○ Experience with cash handling ○ Experience serving the public
○ Experience with Ceridian Dayforce ○ Experience with Quickbooks
○ Experience with Google and Microsoft suites an asset
○ Ability to project an outgoing, friendly personality. ○ Communication skills – good listener, clear directions.
○ Good punctuality and attendance.
○ Contribute to a supportive and Positive work environment
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $21.00-$25.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Store discount
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON M6P 1V7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- vendor management: 1 year (preferred)
- Accounts payable: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person