The Dietary Department at Long Term Care Home is looking for qualified Cook to become part of a dynamic team that ensures our Residents are provided with nutritious and delicious meals, that are prepared and served with love. If you are ready to be part of a great team, that is passionate about their work and improving the lives of our Residents, this is the role for you!
- Reviewing all menus and preparing food and following standardized recipes and production sheets
- In the absence of the Food Services Manager, assist with their responsibilities
- Monitoring quality and quantity of food supplies and recommending corrective action when need be regarding quality
- Coaching Dietary Aides in basic food preparation procedures and in serving activities; assumes responsibility for routine departmental operations in the absence of the Food Services Manager, including staff replacements and service calls for malfunctioning equipment
- Maintaining all required records and working with other departments to meet resident needs
Must meet one of the three (3) following qualification scenarios:
- Chef training or culinary management certificate/diploma from a program that meets the requirements of the Ontario Long Term Care Act; or
- Certificate of qualification as a Cook issued by an authority meeting the requirements of the Ontario Long Term Care Act, or
- Post-secondary diploma in food and nutrition management or a post-secondary degree in food and nutrition.
Additional qualifications include:
- Experience in institutional large quantity cooking preferred
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Proven ability to provide direction and lead others within a busy environment
Interested applicants should apply directly through this posting. We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team! Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Southbridge Care Homes welcomes those applicants with disability related needs and those whom a need for accommodation in the recruitment process. Please provide notice of your need for accommodation to the hiring manager upon scheduling of an interview.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 16 per week
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (required)
- Culinary Management Certificate (required)
- Certificate of a Cook issued by an authority meeting OLTC (required)