The Maintenance Supervisor will report to the Property Manager, with duties aligned to the
Maintenance Manager, and will be responsible for the preventive, corrective, and emergency maintenance of the properties, with a goal to creating a high-level experience of customer service to the residents.
- Supervise maintenance operations staff including maintenance technicians, building superintendents, and contractors.
- Overseeing the complete preventative, routine, and unscheduled repairs of HVAC, mechanical, plumbing, lighting, electrical, elevating devices, and life safety systems.
- Management of waste, recycling, and hazardous materials.
- Liaise with regulatory or civic authorities having jurisdiction.
- Troubleshoot on-the job problems, concerns, and complaints.
- Ensuring all tools and cleaning equipment is maintained and serviced regularly.
- Oversee quality and efficiency of work for both staff and contractors.
- Familiarize with all the emergency operation of electrical, elevator, boiler, fire panel and safety systems, mechanical systems, sprinkler, and timer systems.
- Maintaining up-to date MSD work sheets for maintenance products and adherence by the OHS rules and regulations.
- Maintaining up to date service records for all equipment and building as well as complete scheduled tests and preventive maintenance such as filter changes, etc.
- Ensuring the condition and cleanliness of the entire site, common areas, roof, exterior building, garbage areas etc.
- Recommending type and quantity of maintenance supplies to be stocked.
- Ensuring high potential employees are receiving on going coaching and mentoring.
- Other assigned duties.
- Maintain good resident relations, address and document resident complaints and any emergencies in the building which occur during, over and above office hours.
- Further support efforts to ensure resident satisfaction and service delivery through prompt service, ongoing communication and follow up.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $55,000.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- East York, ON M4C 5A2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Multi-family Residential: 5 years (preferred)
- Maintenance: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person