Location: Forty Green
Work Type: Full Time
Shift: Non Union
Summary: Reporting to the Director, Employee Relations and Centralized Scheduling Office, the Employee Relations Consultant will be responsible for providing advice and support to a defined client group on issues related to all local and central collective agreements, hospital policies and employment law. Responsibilities: The incumbent is also responsible for assisting with the development and maintenance of effective day-to-day labour relations with the hospital’s unions. The successful candidate represents the hospital’s interests by participating on union-management committees, administering the grievance process and assisting the Director with collective bargaining. The successful candidate must demonstrate strong knowledge of employment laws and statutes in Ontario. This position must have the demonstrated ability to work with individuals at all levels throughout the organization. The Employee Relations Consultant must have the ability to provide direction to HR staff and clients on a broad range of employment law topics. Proven ability to work collaboratively with other HR staff within a structured environment.
- University Degree related to human resources management, industrial/labour relations or equivalent combination of education and relevant recent experience in labour relations.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant recent experience in labour relations environment required, preferably in a healthcare environment
- Experience working with and interpreting collective agreement language is required.
- CHRP designation an asset. Must have excellent knowledge of employment and labour law, jurisprudence and statutes.
- Mediation/dispute resolution skills an asse t.
- Experience with leading workplace investigations would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time.
- Proven analytical skills and communication skills to present information to various stakeholders at all levels within the Hospital.
- Must have strong competency with Microsoft Office Suite. Must have excellent communication, customer service and teamwork skills.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Grand River Hospital requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED UNTIL THE POSTING IS CLOSED.
Please include a resume with your application in order to ensure that your qualifications are appropriately considered in the hiring process. Grand River Hospital is committed to fair and equitable employment and in our recruitment and selection practices. We strongly believe in inclusion and diversity within our organization, and welcome all applicants including, but not limited to: racialized communities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, Indigenous people, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of our Hospital community. We are committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment. Grand River Hospital is a proud member of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI). Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates, including those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources in advance for assistance.