Reporting to the designated manager (Service Operations Manager), the Shipper / Receiver is responsible to receive products efficiently, effectively and accurately into the designated location; place in appropriate storage locations; pick, pack and ship same for outbound orders to all clients / Technicians. Assist in all other functions as required. Must adhere to all BarW customer service standards. This includes ensuring that customers and or internal requests are promptly and efficiently served; inventory is received, shipped, and handled in an accurate and safe manner, and equipment is maintained.
- Participate in all aspects of the shipping/receiving/inventory functions, accountable for accurate daily completion of all receiving, shipping, inventory control and administrative / IFS requirements; ensure excellent service is provided.
- Perform maintenance on inventory or cycle counts, as directed.
- Operate all materials handling equipment. Assist in forklift and equipment maintenance.
- Load and unload trucks. Follow Bar W loading and unloading procedures to ensure products are safely secured.
- Conduct location inventory in prescribed manner. Maintain yard and warehouse appearance as assigned, and in compliance with UFA/ Bar W’s safety regulations and operational standards.
- Responsible for yard /Warehouse inventory standards are consistently maintained.
Qualifications required for the position:
- Grade 12 diploma with 1 - 2 years of related experience or equivalent may be 3 - 5 years related experience without grade 12 diploma.
- Warehouse/Yard and forklift experience.
- Capable of physical labour; capable of lifting up to 25 kg.
- Basic computer proficiency required as may be cross trained on POS system and internal operating software programs.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Is a safety sensitive position as will be using material handling equipment. The successful applicant will be required to pass (negative result) a drug and alcohol screening test as a condition of employment
- Must remain current with any and all required certifications, including WHMIS and TDG.
- Flexible to accommodate Overtime if required.
- Background in Service and Construction parts will be an asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person