Project Coordinator – Residential Building
For over 20 years HLD Muskoka continues to grow and build on our strong, dedicated team. Situated in the beautiful town of Huntsville, Ontario we work hard in one of Canada’s most beautiful and sought-after regions. HLD Muskoka is active in all areas of construction from design, excavation, high-end residential building to property maintenance and landscaping.
With the incredible growth at HLD Muskoka we are needing to add another Project Coordinator to our team. This position is a fit for an on-time/on-budget brain who can change course quickly and thrives on getting things done.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WOULD BE…
- Working with Project Manager (PM) in the creation and monitoring of budgets, schedules, PO’s, sub-contracts etc.
- Attend project meetings to record and then distribute minutes to all project team members and follow-up.
- Complete and manage all appliance/fixtures/furniture schedules and procurement, ensuring all materials are on-time, on site and complete – tracking and managing an on-site inventory
- Works with PM to use project scheduling to monitor project plans, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the PM.
- Assist the PM in the review of quotations to ensure that fair and reasonable pricing is recommended for approval.
- Track & manage contemplated change notices and change orders.
- Keep the PM and others informed about project material status and issues that may impact project completion/timelines.
- Plan, arrange and monitor all shipping arrangements through to fulfillment.
- Ensure all permits, locates, builders risk insurance, Tarion and notice of project have been received/filed
- Support Health & Safety Coordinator to ensure all information is on site – safety boards, HLD signage, permits, directional signs, communication board
- Support PM and Post Construction Manager to ensure punch list complete
- Support the completion of the close out list
- Furniture and fixture company inventory management
- Ensure client maintenance portal includes all final drawings & technical information for the clients property
- All other duties as assigned
THE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES YOU WILL NEED…
- Customer service focused
- Work exceptionally well in a team environment with tight timelines – level-headed, deadline focused, solution driven
- Driven by process and adherence to
- Technical savvy
- Proactively identify problems/issues and develop effective solutions.
- Highly organized, detail oriented & self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and work in a fast-paced environment, handling competing demands.
- Solid multi-tasking and relationship building skills.
- Strong knowledge of construction processes through all phases – start-up through construction and closeout.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- 2+ years of experience in supporting Project Managers in custom residential construction
- Handle confidential information and hold oneself to a very high standard.
- Must have ability to read and understand construction-related drawings/documents and perform take-offs using software (Revit, Bluebeam etc).
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Accounting software and Project Management software
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Huntsville, ON P1H 2P9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Project coordination: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person