Do you enjoy balancing a variety of tasks while still meeting deadlines? Do you have 2-4 years work experience in an accounting role? Do you consider yourself well organized with strong time management skills? If you answered yes, this might be the career for you! Heritage Office Furnishings is looking for an Accounts Payable to support the growth and operation of our organization by managing invoices and maintaining important financial documentation.
- Assist the Controller in handling accounts for all companies, including journal entries and reconciliations
- Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal ID numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving invoice or payment discrepancies; issuing stop payments
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Process employee expense reimbursements and requests for advances
- Respond to vendor queries and maintain good vendor relations
- Completion of coding and entry for VISA, preauthorized payments, lease payments
- Perform some General Ledger reconciliations
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Process returned Change Order forms from the field and charge accordingly
- Verify and apply correct amount of sales taxes
- Complete and process new vendor applications
- Review and complete monthly A/P reports
- Ad-hoc reporting as instructed
- Some College/University preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically excel.
- Knowledge of an ERP system.
- Basic knowledge of accounting processes, methods and activities.
- 2+ years of Accounts Payable
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Are you eligible to work in Canada on an on-going basis?
Work Location: Hybrid remote