Beer Quality Auditor
You + Better Beer?
We are looking for one specific person for the best gig ever. Is this you?
- Min of 2 years of bartending (pouring pints) or managing in a licensed establishment
- Have a valid driver's licence and a vehicle
- ~12 hours of free time each month
- You currently have a job that makes you happy, BUT you want some extra spending money.
- Have a valid Smart Serve.
If that sounds like you, read on...
Here’s why this is possibly the best gig ever:
- Only ~12 hours per month, get paid ~$400
- You’d control your schedule
- You’d be one of over 50 Beer Quality Auditors in Canada (add that to your resume, tell people at parties, or email your high school guidance counsellor who said you wouldn’t amount to anything.)
- Visit our client's bars and restaurants to help them improve their draught beer quality.
Welcome to the gig economy.
We’re Better Beer - the folks who help restaurants and bars improve their draught beer quality and profitability. We’ve been doing this across Canada since 2005. We are looking for ex-hospitality Super Stars who want to work about a few hours a month auditing our clients' draught beer systems.
We’ll teach you everything you need to know about draught beer and give you the flexibility to do your audits on your schedule every month.
Here's what you'd do:
- Once a month, you will be required to audit our client’s draught beer systems.
- An audit takes about 35-40 minutes to execute.
- Audit times are weekday (Mon - Thursday) mornings and afternoons. We avoid Friday, Saturday, and Sundays as the restaurants are busy.
- An audit includes inspecting the walk-in beer fridge (kegs, lines, equipment) and the bar (taps and glasses).
- Type in notes about your findings, upload images on your tablet/iPad, and speak with the Manager.
Please read this part carefully, and only apply if you meet the requirements.
You must have the following:
- Past FULL-SERVICE restaurant/ bar serving or bartending experience, we'd prefer if you weren't currently in the industry. TWO YEARS recent experience pouring and selling pints is a must-have.
- ~12-15 hours of availability each month. It does not need to be concurrent.
- You have a working, up-to-date tablet/iPad which you are comfortable navigating and updating. You'll need this to post the audits. Laptops or phones won't work.
- Have a smartphone that you can tether to your iPad or tablet.
- You have a flexible work schedule and weekday availability.
- Have a valid driver's license and a vehicle.
- Have a valid Smart Serve.
Please do not apply unless you meet the above requirements.
You may have a career as a superstar quality auditor for automotive parts, but without full-service hospitality experience that includes selling draught beer, we aren’t moving you forward.
We will work with the successful applicant to teach you about draught beer systems, how they impact draught quality, and how to execute an audit. Then, we'll spend time working with you to help you get the hang of things.
To start, each month you will receive $30.00 for each completed audit. You audit fee increases in month 3, 6 and 12.
We'll also pay you for the initial training to help make you a draught expert.
Our continuing education courses give you the opportunity to learn more about draught and how to become a better auditor. In turn, you become more valuable to our clients, which increases your fee per audit over time (read "raise"). We have auditors making over $40 every audit, which can be done in 35 minutes.
Job Types: Casual, Part-time
Salary: $500.00-$600.00 per month
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bartending: 2 years (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
- Smart Serve (required)
Work Location: In person