We’re on the hunt for an Engineer at the MTS Engineer and/or Sr. MTS levels in the field of Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) on our Robotics & Space Operations team at our Brampton office.
With 40 years of operational experience and proven performance on programs including Space Shuttle and International Space Station robotics and operations support, our Robotics & Space Operations team has 100% mission success in making space dreams come true.
As a member of the Engineering Team in Analog and/or Power Systems and/or Electrical Test Rack/Cable Harness Design, you will work in the Logistics & Sustaining Engineering (L&SE) program (to support On-Orbit Space Station activities), and/or Gateway External Robotics System, and/or planetary/lunar rovers, and/or R&D activities.
- EMC testing of avionics and systems per MIL-STD-461/DO-160/IEC 61000 test standards, and overall awareness of EMC design principles and troubleshooting skills
- Plan, organize and lead test and measurement campaigns designed to characterize electromagnetic fields such as power density, E-field, H-field, frequency spectral analysis, time domain emanating from EM radiation devices and equipment to verify compliance to system requirements
- Provide detailed scientific reports and formulate guidance for EMC hazards risk mitigation or management strategies
- Perform research, modelling and simulation in the field of electromagnetics for Aerospace or related electronic industry
- Develop and validate electromagnetic effects software offerings for integrated model-based systems engineering methods and tools to improve data visualization, minimize errors and verify software functionality
- Expertise in High-Speed Signals EMC/EMI design, simulation, test and troubleshooting
- Experience with EMI Test Receiver, Spectrum Analyzer, Digital Oscilloscope, Vector Network Analyzer, Signal Generators
- Performing radiated/conducted emission measurements on system integration level
- Identifying the source of emissions by using near-field probes
- Reviewing board layouts and proposing possible solutions to reduce electromagnetic emissions
- Responsible for writing, reviewing and verification of EMC test specifications, procedures and reports.
- Analyze and mitigate EMC risks for new designs
- Manage EMC laboratory with open field site and Semi Anechoic Chamber
- Actively participate in technical and quality assurance meetings with customers as part of establishing requirements and resolution of issues related to testing and certifications
- Responsible for pre-compliance EMC measurements in Semi Anechoic Chamber
- Perform mathematical calculations to analyze and further summarize the test results
- Perform design review based on basic electrical/electronic engineering principles
- Create test profiles in R&S EMC32, TDK, TILE, EMC Test Automation Software to meet requirements of different test specifications
- Development and verification of System level electrical specifications and requirements
- Development of System level Power, Grounding, and Bonding architectures
- Proficient in concept and detailed electrical systems design, power system analysis and electrical calculations
- Knowledge of Low-noise Analog circuit design including sensor front-end amplifiers, filtering, and data acquisition systems
- Knowledge of High-speed digital and analog board design experience including schematic entry, circuit simulations, electrical worst-case analysis, parts stress analysis, PWB layout design, and support to Circuit Card Assembly (CCA) drawings and manufacturing
- Experience using electrical CAD tools such as ORCAD, Altium, Autocad Electrical, Matlab, and PSPICE Simulators.
- Proficient in the use of test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analysers, spectrum analysers, network analysers, TDR’s and VNA’s, power amplifiers, function generators etc.
- Testing and debugging of CCAs at the board level, testing of avionics at the unit level, and system integration level.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication and organization skills
- Technical presentations to customers like CSA and NASA for design reviews
- Strong human relations skills, and dedication to meet project deadlines
Interested candidates must possess a Bachelor degree in Aerospace, Electrical, or Computer Systems Engineering, Physics/Applied Mathematics or Engineering Science.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60.00-$69.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brampton, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person