Pantos Logistics Canada Inc. provides top global logistics solutions to over +1,000 clients in services areas of Ocean, Air, E-Commerce, Trucking, Customs Brokerage, Warehousing and Cargo Projects. The company’s expertise includes custom brokerage, storage, and in-bound/out-bound TRANSPORTATION via various modes of transport, including Sea Freight, Air Freight, Truck Freight, and Express.
The load planner reports to the facility’s General Manager and plays a key role in managing the day-to-day operational requirements for the business. Load planners manage the transportation arrangements for outbound loads.
- Build loads in JDA
- Verify that loads are consolidated and entire utilization of trailer
- Consolidate loads by geographical region and carrier to minimize transportation cost
- Tender loads to carrier and warehouse
- First point of contact for load tender issues and concerns
- Reply emails in group email in a timely manner
- Review daily reports for opportunity to consolidate
- Provide administrative support in completing all tasks assigned in a timely manner
- Communicate and if necessary escalate any carrier issues to Manager
- Additional tasks may be assigned if required.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a customer service environment
- Prior knowledge of JDA
- Strong computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Experience in a 3rd party logistics environment preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be a resourceful self-starter.
- Team player skills with demonstrated abilities to interact well with all levels of associates.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Works well under pressure.
- Should you be interested, conveniently submit both a) Resume and b) Cover letter via Indeed; please submit both documents.
- Interview arrangements will be conducted on a first come-first serve basis; we are looking to hire with the view of filling this position ASAP.
- Due to high volume of applications, only those who are selected will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- relevant: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person