Stretch Construction has provided full-service construction management services for the commercial industry since the 1990's. We were born out of a need to provide premium, quality products and services to our industry. We have worked hard to set ourselves apart through quality and innovation with an unparalleled emphasis on accountability and straightforwardness.
As a team whose personal ethics are deeply grounded in family, and community, and doing the right thing, we know relationships are everything.
As a result, we’re able to build amazing solutions for our clients, who know they can count on us to deliver honest, integrity-driven, quality results on time, every time.
Stretch Construction is looking to hire a Commercial Construction Site Superintendent to manage the site operations of a newly awarded project within the City of Kelowna.
You will work with a dynamic team that is committed to the success of this project and will be based out of our Kelowna, BC office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:*
- Effectively communicates with own forces and trades and ensures that performance, productivity, quality, and safety requirements are met.
- Consistently collaborates with project manager and project team. Proactively manages potential problems, work interferences and schedule conflicts/setbacks.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and project budget estimates.
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules
- Liaises between field engineers, estimators, and subcontractors to ensure construction complies with drawings and specifications.
- Visualizes an entire project, plans, and creates the complete project schedule, identifies the critical path, and anticipates constructability issues.
- Maintains project administration correspondence and complies with documentation requirements including daily progress reports.
- Holds weekly site meetings to track project schedules.
- Develop plans for project requirements (manpower, equipment, and materials).
- Daily walkthrough of the project - quality assurance and site photo administration
- Supervise all field staff and trade partners.
- Have a full understanding of the construction documents and blueprints.
- Develops and maintains strong customer-focused relationships with all stakeholders.
- All duties as assigned by the Director of Construction Manager and or Project Manager.
- Minimum 5 years of Proven experience as a Residential and Commercial Superintendent
- Specific experience in wood-frame low-rise, concrete parkade and multi-story precast concrete structures.
- Successfully supervised a construction workforce.
- Adequate computer skills to communicate with all project stakeholders
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in the construction industry and company operations, including building materials, construction specifications, and methods and procedures.
- Understanding of project scope and ability to apply intermediate-complex engineering principles and embed solutions in construction plans and schedules.
- Proficient understanding of and ability to apply logic to the schedule to build a plan using scheduling software.
- Ability to coordinate multiple scopes of a construction project, including scheduling, monitoring, and coordinating own forces work (OFW) and trade contractors with three-week lookahead schedules.
- In-depth knowledge of and application of safety and environmental principles/ procedures/legislation.
- Ability to lead and run effective site meetings with the client, consultants, trades, own forces work, and internal employees; ability to present at client meetings or for project pursuit work.
- Demonstrated conflict-resolution skills, problem-solving abilities, and professional judgment.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective stakeholder relationships.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and internal operational systems. Familiarity with RedTeam is considered an asset
- Valid Driver’s License
If you feel you are a fit for our team, we encourage you to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person