BIOVECTRA Inc. is a leading bio-science business in Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia, focused on contract manufacturing and product development of active pharmaceutical ingredients, pharmaceutical intermediates, and bioreagents.
BIOVECTRA Inc. has an opening for a Buyer. This is a term position located in Charlottetown, PEI or Windsor, NS.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Responsible for the management of Syspro requisitions and resulting creation of purchase orders.
- Responsible for the purchase order follow-up to confirm terms of orders (delivery dates, pricing, quantities, etc.) and updating Syspro with any changes.
- Monitoring the purchase order due date report and following up with suppliers as required.
- Ensuring supplier information is current and updated as required.
- Ensuring staff are informed of any potential delays or other anomalies on their orders.
- Working with other staff/departments regarding timely and efficient sourcing of products/services as required.
- Providing first point of contact for staff wanting to contact suppliers or looking for supplier information.
- Responding to supplier inquiries and direct calls to the Procurement group.
- Meet with suppliers during regular business review.
- Responsible for booking incoming freight shipments when required.
- Providing backup and support to Senior Procurement Specialist.
- Provide backup and support to other Administrative groups and staff.
- Adhering to BioVectra Health and Safety Policy as outlined in CP0010 Occupational Health and Safety Policy, Statements of Principle, and Responsibilities and all Purchasing SOP’s.
The successful candidate for this position should have:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree required.
- 5+ years’ experience working in computerized ERP systems.
- 5+ years direct experience in a purchasing department environment or equivalent.
- Knowledge of procurement practices and procedures.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational / multitasking skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite with focus on Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
Entry: $49,608 Salary
BIOVECTRA offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
Closing Date: March 31, 2023
Individual accommodations due to a disability are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, ethnicity, gender, disability, citizenship status, marital status, actual or perceived sexual orientation. BIOVECTRA is committed to creating an inclusive environment and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We value diversity and recognize that experience comes in many forms and skills are transferable. Please view this description as a general overview, but not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute and lead in this role, apply! We thank all interested parties; however, only those applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.