Mancor Industries is a world class precision manufacturer of metal components and sub-assemblies that use metal cutting, forming, machining, welding, assembly and paint. We use state-of-the-art machining and fabrication techniques in a lean, self-directed work team manufacturing environment to produce high value-added, cost-effective products for our strategic partners.
We are seeking for a Laser Operator to continue building their career at our Speers Road location.
- Set-up and operation of our Bystronic and Trumpf Laser machines.
- Perform daily maintenance checks to ensure laser equipment and lifting devices are safe and ready for production.
- Read and interpret work orders, work instructions and technical drawings.
- Load material (include checking quality of incoming material) and unloading of parts.
- Perform maintenance checks as required.
- Perform quality work in a timely fashion.
- Assure parts meet quality specifications as determined by Work Order and prints.
- Complete all required paperwork regarding production and downtime documentation.
- Update SPC on a daily basis.
- Troubleshoot minor laser faults as required.
- Report all safety and production concerns to lead hand or manager immediately.
- Move material and parts as required, applying safe lifting practices and correct use of lifting devices and attachments.
- Maintain an organized workspace and good housekeeping.
- Understand and comply with Company Health & Safety standards and programs
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma – good math skills.
- 2+ years of laser operating experience
- Crane license required – forklift license is an asset
- Basic programming/computer knowledge
- Able to use and read micrometer and Vernier
- SPC knowledge and or training is an asset
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications, use welding gages.
- Flexible with hours of work - able to work day/afternoon shifts as required.
- Physically capable of performing the essential duties and responsibilities of the position including regular lifting and carrying of 5-23 kgs.
- Good interpersonal skills; customer focused and a team player.
- Ability to co-ordinate operation of two machines.
- Committed to continuous improvement and 5S.
- Ability to work safe and independently within a fast paced environment.
- Written and oral communication in English.
- Able to follow instructions and effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary: Hourly, TBD (Depending on Experience)
- Medical & Dental after 3 months
If you feel that your skills and experience are aligned to the posted career opportunity, please submit your resume to: Mancor Industries Inc. (Speers location) - Human Resources Department
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
Mancor welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidate taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
No agencies or telephone calls please. We appreciate the interest of all applicants but only those being considered for the vacancy will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
- Laser Operating: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person