Hi there! Thanks for stopping by
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We're looking for an experienced Director of Public Relations to join our Marketing team in North America. In this role, you'll create a PR strategy, ensuring strong awareness and perception of the Lightspeed brand, and our full platform offerings. Additionally, you'll work to craft and land relevant narratives through executive channels, such as event keynotes, thought leadership, social media, and more.
What you'll be doing:
- Own the strategy and execution of all aspects of PR, driving reach and awareness through tech, business, and B2B industry outlets
- Act as a spokesperson for Lightspeed as needed, and help prepare leaders and employees for media-facing opportunities
- Craft event keynotes for marquee speaking opportunities, and prepare speakers for their presentations
- Supplement existing internal comms efforts with new, engaging forums and cadences to educate, engage, and excite employees
- Manage agency and contractor relationships as needed
- Set short- and long-term targets/goals; monitor your progress toward them, and share outcomes along the way
- Anticipate market trends and keeping a strong pulse on the tech industry
What you need to bring:
We're looking for a candidate who has experience with the following:
- B2B tech PR experience, ideally with both in-house and agency experience
- Proven experience building, delivering, and measuring a broad portfolio of PR and Comms programs
- Experience building strong working relationships with internal stakeholders, customers, and senior executives
- A successful history of agency management
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to shift gears quickly and effectively
We know that people are more than what's on their CV. If you're unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the 'Apply' button and give it a try!
Who you are:
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, high-growth, complex environment
- Data-driven, and understands how to measure their work, and connect it to broader business/company goals
- A strong owner who finds creative solutions to solving challenges and making things happen
- A compelling storyteller, writer, and presenter who sees the angle within the noise and delivers messages flawlessly across many mediums
- Self-motivated, driven, and excited by the potential to own what you do
- Highly organized, with an innate attention to detail and a tidy approach to communications
- A natural connector who brings a strong network of contacts
- A strong communications generalist who can switch between building strategy to executing efficiently - from editing to writing, and project managing to pitching
What's in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that's creating new jobs every day;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that'll keep you happy, healthy, and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed RSU program (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Immediate access to health insurance
- Health and wellness benefits
- 1 paid day of volunteering every year
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you're proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal's gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.
Founded in Montréal, Canada in 2005, Lightspeed is dual-listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: LSPD) and Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). With teams across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company serves retail, hospitality, and golf businesses in over 100 countries.
Lightspeed handles your information in accordance with our Applicant Privacy Statement.