Must Be Bilingual in French and English
75%-80% Travel required.
Eclipse is looking for a Safety Coordinator to help oversee and implement our Safety Program amongst our Canadian locations.
Responsibilities: and Essential Job functions
- Facilitates productive discussions among employees and management relative to safe workplace practices.
- Conducts safety inspections and audits.
- Drafts inspection reports to document inspection findings.
- Identifies and implements new safety outreach and education strategies and approaches.
- Requests and collects employee feedback and suggestions on safety procedures.
- Identifies opportunities to minimize workplace injuries, accidents, and health problems.
- Liaison for workers compensation claims with our US based WC team.
- Investigate accidents, incidents, and near misses root cause and develop corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Implements inspection policies and procedures, and a schedule of routine inspections.
- Reviews current safety training and recommends revisions, improvements, and updates.
- Facilitates with operations and/or conducts employee training on applicable safety standards.
- Monitors compliance with safety procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor degree or equivalent industry experience.
· Minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience in health and safety management required.
· Experience handling workers compensation claims a plus.
· Knowledge of federal and provincial health and safety regulations, including OHS and WHMIS.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with public speaking ability a plus.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Ability to conduct training.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental inspections.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
· Bilingual abilities as English/French required
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Health and Safety: 3 years (preferred)
- English (required)
- French (required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: On the road